Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Input requested after my cancelled flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:28 am
Original Poster

I was booked on a 7am AUS-LGB this morning (Thursday, 7/21) and the flight was cancelled after midnight due to "weather" impacting the inbound flight from LGB.

While there was no weather in AUS or LGB yesterday evening, it I what it is.

After I called B6 at 2am, I was given an option for a refund of my 4 tickets (no mention of 4 bags at $20 each) or to be rebooked for Saturday. Te agent said I could call back later to resolve it.

I didn't take either and booked a AUS - LAX on United instead with miles.

My question is, am I entitled to anything else from B6 outside of what they offered? I was told they would not put me on another airline and the United tickets were 80K miles + ~$200 in fees.

Appreciate the input.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
JetBlue does not have any domestic interline partners, so it is correct that they cannot put you on another airline.

Weather can cause problems down the line. It could be that the plane arriving at LGB was delayed due to weather. The other thing is, "weather" can also include high winds, windshear, etc that you won't see on a weather map.

The best they can do is either refund or rebook. Larger carriers may have more options with connecting flights to your destination, but if it all else fails, carriers like United would also tell you the same thing, either cancel for a refund, or rebook.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I figured. Am I entitled to my baggage fees back? I never checked anything...
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: GE
I would ask for the baggage fees back. I don't know about JetBlue specifically but other airlines do refund them.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

I ended up getting it all back, including baggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.