Wiki Posts
Search

Seat assignments

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Seat assignments

I have a couple of flights booked and they all show that they are completely full (except the EMS seats) in front of the exit row, and almost empty behind it. If they are blocked, who gets access to them? I just got Mosaic status and figured that I'd get access to them, but still can't select them. I can select EMS seats for a fee or points just fine.

Or are they really taken and it's a strange coincidence every flight I've looked at has roughly the same amount of seats assigned all in the front half of the plane?

Edit: As long as I'm asking a question, if someone with Mosaic books an award for someone who doesn't have status, would there be change/cancellation fees?

Last edited by alphaeagle; Jun 28, 2016 at 9:18 pm
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
They only block out half of the first row of the plane and then the last row of the plane. It could just be a coincidence.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by FLIHGH
They only block out half of the first row of the plane and then the last row of the plane. It could just be a coincidence.
Thanks, it's not isolated from what I can tell. Guess it makes sense if people generally prefer the front and if seats are automatically assigned towards the front if not chosen.

It's the opposite of other carriers, but they reserve the front seats for elites/full fare passengers. I'm fine with it.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
They keep half of the front row open for special needs passengers. But they open back up 24 hours prior if there aren't any on the flight. You didn't mention your route but my past few flights have all been completely full, including EMS seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.