Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Seats - All Core A321

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
All seats should be the same width on the Core A321.

Row 9 has an exit door behind it not a window so I'm not 100% sure if the seats recline at all. Usually the row in front of an exit row doesn't but this isn't a normal exit row configuration. I would tweet or email JetBlue to ask. They are really good about researching these types of questions if they don't know the answer offhand.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: Southwest, United, Delta, JetBlue, Hawaiian, Hertz, SPG, Marriott
Thanks so much RWPrincess. I will see if I can get more information directly from Jet Blue.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, Delta, JetBlue, Hawaiian, Hertz, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Rick Rayl
I will see if I can get more information directly from Jet Blue.
For anyone else wondering the same thing I was about Row 9, here is the response I got from JetBlue today:

"Seats 9D and 9E have the same configuration and space as the other Even More Space Seating in this exit row. Arm rests are able to be raised and do have a full recline. On this aircraft only seat 9B has restrictions in this row."

I'm not sure what the "restrictions" are for Seat 9B, and until next week, I won't be able to confirm that the answer is accurate, but I thought I'd post it anyway.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:45 am

I too am curious about Row 9/22 on these 200-seat JetBlue A320s.

To my eye, a 2 seat row on a 3x3 aircraft seems amazing if you are traveling as a couple. Nobody needs to snuggle with a stranger.

Even if these seats did not recline, that wouldn't be an issue for me.

That said, here are a couple questions:

It looks like there is a gap between the window and what would be the middle seat. Is this for real? Can you see out the window at all from what would be the seat closest to the window?

Is there a jumpseat or something else in that row that otherwise makes this a less attractive option?

What gives...I feel like there has to be a catch.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: B6, AA, AS
Originally Posted by amead
I too am curious about Row 9/22 on these 200-seat JetBlue A320s. ...
Found this after digging a bit.

This is from ; Best Seats - All Core A321

"Seats 9D and 9E have the same configuration and space as the other Even More Space Seating in this exit row. Arm rests are able to be raised and do have a full recline. On this aircraft only seat 9B has restrictions in this row."

HTH

ETA; Just realized I pasted same text as above. Lol.
In fact this could be from this thread for all I know.
How embarrassing and lame is that.
Notice I let it stand.

My bad.

Why don't we have more detailed info on these birds?

In fact, there is very little info or video of B6's A321's variants.

Where is the video?

No one complains and posts videos, if flights are wonderfully satisfying. Lol.

That is my theory, and I'm sticking to it.
That is why we have few reports related to B6's many birds with comfortable accommodations and wonderful crews. Folks don't bark if they are happy.

Just a proven theory. .... Perhaps.

Perhaps there is bias too, ex DCA. B6 econ is better than AA F, short haul. Trust me. Been there done that. Wait, still do that. Still try to catch a B6 E190 when available. Best bird in the sky for comfort, IMO.

Apologizes for the topic stray.

Last edited by DrewBr; Jul 12, 2017 at 11:47 pm
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I'm not sure I would say it's Row 9 but right behind Row 9 is a rear facing jumpseat. It is adjacent to the emergency exit door. I honestly never checked to see if it replaced the window seat in Row 9. I don't think it does but will be on one on Thursday and can check.

Row 22 has a forward facing jump seat as the aisle seat. So if you are a party of 2 and are ok with being far back, I'd go for that. Although I think that seat may be missing a real window in lieu of the emergency exit door. Trade off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.