Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Logan airside transfer terminal C to E?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA OWE

Loungebuddy references ability to make airside transfer post security between terminal C and E at Logan. Is this possible? I never noticed when flying JetBlue from terminal C that I could somehow walk to E after security!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No, it is not possible AFAIK. I don't even think the C connector construction is done yet, is it?

The C-E connector project was announced but I do not believe the construction is done yet.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:07 pm

It still wasn't possible as of Thursday morning (4/14/16) last week.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA OWE
Thats what I thought which is why I was so confused by an article from another website about the lounge in C. Thanks, D
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
The C/E connector is under construction and should be completed before the fall I believe.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:41 pm

They're still claiming by end of 2016 for airside connector, but Boston tends to suffer from projects taking longer than originally thought.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Can anyone advise where in Term C gates the connecter will start, and then where will you end up in the terminal E gates? Also anything about the connecter itself?

And I'm not sure if the project is still even on the table to connect the C40-42 concourse at BOS with the main concourses 11-21 and 25-36? Right now AS uses C40-42. B6 used to use C40-42 a lot for its DCA flights but DCA now usually goes out of C25, C26, or C28 which are among the closest gates to security.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Can anyone advise where in Term C gates the connecter will start, and then where will you end up in the terminal E gates? Also anything about the connecter itself?
Yes, it looks like the C/E connector is going to connect C11 with the E1C/E1D/E1E gates. Certainly better than no connector, but it'll be a long, weird walk for people unfamiliar with the layout and going between the international gates of E to the E1C/D/E gates before getting to terminal C. On the plus side, at least they'll come out in a central spot of Terminal C.

I don't have any update on the timeline except to say that pretty much all other recent renovations in Terminal C have been on-schedule, so my guess is that this will be complete before the end of 2016.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 22, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Hopefully...

...the places marked "interior reconfiguration" indicate that they'll straighten out the hairpin turns in the corridors to the extent the building allows. As it is, the route from security to get down the concourse on either side is quite circuitous, but that's expected considering how they've grafted the new checkpoint onto the old concourses.

It's taken years of work, but bit by bit C's slowly getting there, all while largely staying 100% open (aside from the period where they redid the ex-UA section).

Everything we've seen indicates the C-main to C-40's airside connector is planned, as it would seem to be a necessary first step towards a B to C connector.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Off topic, but does anyone know in E who uses gates like E1A, to e1E now that WN has moved to terminal A? Are they common use intl gates, or assigned to one particular carrier?

Also the C to E connector might provide lounge access to people who have a priority pass membership as there is an AF lounge in E that is priority pass.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
From the link below: "A new connector for flyers between Terminal C and the international Terminal E is expected to open in the late spring."'

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/04/2...ise-bob-weiss/

Also - off-topic but related - EI is moving to Terminal C in BOS allowing for better connections with B6.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Off topic, but does anyone know in E who uses gates like E1A, to e1E now that WN has moved to terminal A? Are they common use intl gates, or assigned to one particular carrier?
I'll double check when I land but currently E1A - E1E are unoccupied
Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:33 am

BOS ReNumbers E1C Type Gates to C Gates

I was listening to Boston Ground last night, Sun 4/24, and apparently gate E1C has been renumbered to C8. I would imagine other nearby E1 gates have been renumbered also. There was an Aero Mexico landing going in to gate C8 which used to be E1C. This was new to the controler and pilot, the controler mentioned that with in the last day they repainted the new gate numbers.

I also remember reading somewhere that as part of the C to E connector there would be a couple of concessions added and that B6 would gain a couple of gates.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:00 am
21A

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
I'll double check when I land but currently E1A - E1E are unoccupied
It looks like PD still operates out of E1A in the evening (E2A in the morning) and WW out of E1B. The separate E1A/E1B checkpoint, which had been closed for a while, is open again during the relevant hours (and necessary because they've closed the airside connection between E1A/B and the rest of E).

Last edited by 21A; Apr 29, 2016 at 6:25 am
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:39 am
21A

Picture showing newly labeled C8/9/10 jetbridges (former E1C/D/E).
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.