Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Logan airside transfer terminal C to E?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Logan airside transfer terminal C to E?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
The connector is scheduled to open May 10 according to an email that was just sent out.
Old May 9, 2016, 11:59 am

Terminal Connector is completed and open.
Old May 9, 2016, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
^
Old May 9, 2016, 10:11 pm

The only thing that I saw that wasn't completed was the Wahlburgers.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Updates From The Connector

I checked out the connector today and as you first enter it on your right there is a Starbucks, and then gates C10, C9, and C8 in that order. Again, these used to be the WN E gates. There is also a candy shop and some sort of Camden sandwich shop. A lot of people had discovered the Starbucks considering it only opened yesterday. I think as of today B6 is starting to use the C10, C9, and C8 gates.

The idea also is that pax clearing customs in terminal E will be able to enter a TSA checkpoint in terminal E, and then proceed to any of the C gates.

There is also a checkpoint for what used to be the WN E1 gates in terminal E. You enter on the departures level, go down an escalator, to this checkpoint. However, I don't think the checkpoint was open yet. Again, this used to be the primary checkpoint for WN pax when WN was in E. I was just thinking if this checkpoint would be faster and less congested than the large Terminal C main checkpoint. However, as of now it would be a real gamble if the checkpoint would be open and possibly if TSA would accept a Terminal C boarding pass.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:40 am

The interactive map has been updated at massport.com: http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...one/departures
Old May 11, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
The old WN checkpoint does seem like it would make a great "express" bypass for the congested main checkpoint at Terminal C, although I wonder if that could be negated simply by having enough staff to use the full C checkpoint. Can't recall if I've ever seen all of the lanes in use - it could clearly move more people than it does most of the time.

Is the connection currently blocked from the "new C" area (former E1 gates) to the main section of terminal E? If that's fully restored, if there's times when C is more congested than E, the main E checkpoint could be an alternate route as well into C (for those not needing baggage/check-in).
Old May 11, 2016, 4:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by octr202
... I wonder if that could be negated simply by having enough staff to use the full C checkpoint.
Not happening any time soon with the current mess of TSA funding/staffing issues.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Does it seem wise for those of us in the know to use terminal E security for B6 flights? Another thread mentions wait times in terminal C over an hour, with even PreCheck queues taking up to 30 minutes.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I checked out the connector last week when I took the inaugural BOS-SLC flight. Nice gate area.

But I couldn't find a way to get to post security Terminal E proper. It seemed the passage ends before hitting the international gates.
Old May 18, 2016, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by zrs70
I checked out the connector last week when I took the inaugural BOS-SLC flight. Nice gate area.

But I couldn't find a way to get to post security Terminal E proper. It seemed the passage ends before hitting the international gates.
That's odd. A terminal connector that ... doesn't connect the terminals?

@JetBlueFA, can you weigh in? Is there some secret to making it from airside C to E and vice versa?
Old May 18, 2016, 1:32 pm

No secret. The connector is located adjacent to Gate 11. The connector dumps out by the old E gates. As you approach the exit there is a staircase to the left that takes you up to the international E gates. The staircase is tucked just past on the left E1A/E1B. There is a secondary security checkpoint located between C8 and E1B that can be used to access either Terminal C or Terminal E. I would have posted pictures today but I'm home with a broken foot.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I would have posted pictures today but I'm home with a broken foot.
Oh no! I hope your foot heals quickly.
Old May 18, 2016, 4:51 pm

No secret. The connector is located adjacent to Gate 11. The connector dumps out by the old E gates. As you approach the exit there is a staircase to the left that takes you up to the international E gates. The staircase is tucked just past on the left E1A/E1B. There is a secondary security checkpoint located between C8 and E1B that can be used to access either Terminal C or Terminal E. I would have posted pictures today but I'm home with a broken foot.
Thanks for the detailed instructions! Do you think PreCheck passengers flying B6 would be better off clearing security in Terminal C or E?

Hope your foot is feeling better soon!
Old May 19, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I'm also curious who normally now uses the old WN checkpoint, when it is open, and if it has TSAPre? I know the plan may be that if inbound pax arrive on international flights once they clear from the FIS it will be more seamless to enter security to connect to a B6 domestic flight at E.

I did hear that El Al uses E1B and that they may have their own security checkpoint for that gate. I'm not sure who uses E1A?

I always liked the old WN checkpoint it was usually not crowded and relatively quick to go through.

I don't really like the large C checkpoint especially if I am just taking a quick day trip say to DCA. I prefer more the AA shuttle checkpoint at gates B15-B19; very quick! The e1 gate checkpoint may be good for these short trips.

It would be nice for the large C checkpoint if they got Clear! Clear+TSAPre is great you only scan your fingerprint you never even have to bring or take out your id and then you just also scan your mobile boarding pass.

I'm also curious how B6 is choosing what flights to put at the shiny new C10, C9, and C8 gates, Mint, Random flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.