Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any method to get a refund for Non-Refundable Blue Flex?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:53 am
Original Poster

I do not travel on JetBlue often so please forgive me...

I booked a Blue Flex ticket thinking that this was JetBlue's refundable airfare. I was not aware that there was a non-refundable and refundable version of Blue Flex. While a non-refundable Blue Flex ticket allows free cancellation, the funds are credited to a travel bank instead of the original form of payment.

Is it possible to change this ticket to a refundable one and then cancel to get a proper refund instead of a travel bank credit? If not, are there any other creative ways to deal with this?

I have no foreseeable plans to travel on JetBlue. If I cancel, the funds will be credited to a travel bank which I understand will expire in 1 year.

Instead would it be possible to continually change the flight into the future and not cancel in order to extend the time to use these funds? Or are you limited to 1 year from the original ticketing date?

Thanks in advance for helping out a JetBlue newbie.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:53 am

if you bought it less than 24 hours ago, and the trip is more than 7 days away - you can cancel and get a full refund

otherwise...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.