Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Adding Gate-To-Gate WiFi, More Entertainment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...nected-In-Seat

Awesome news: JetBlue is upgrading their in-flight entertainment quite a bit in the next couple of months, including full gate-to-gate wifi, more DirecTV channels, and internet built into the seatback entertainment.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
With less seats in the plane! Good to see the pendulum swing the other way in favor of customers! Jet Blue continues to impress! Even with their new minimal baggage fees...
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

More seats (162 on the A320, 200 on the core A321) but fewer than the 165 originally promised on the A320. :-:

Gate-to-gate wifi should happen fleet-wide in Q2; new IFE will be in 2017 when the A320s go in for their retrofit. Only the A320 fleet gets the new in-seat IFE kit.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:17 pm

This is all good news. On top of it, JetBlue has really gotten more aggressive pricing out of BOS, so I think I'll be flying them a lot more this year. Not going to lie, free gate to gate wifi sounds very nice. I wonder how long it will be free, or if that piece of the article was a typo. The new IFE system looks great - massive screen for the distance you'll sit from it.

Now here's to hoping the new JetBlue card has a free bag - I'm a bag checker for the foreseeable future.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:11 pm

Company wants it to remain free as long as possible. Depends on sponsors and marketing deals, but those are solid for now. I have no idea when they are up for renewal, but the desire is to keep it free.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Glad they are finally updating their interiors. I am assuming the E190's won't be updated at all?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: TrueBlue
I had a chance to sample the new screen on a recent flight from SJU to JFK and it was *really* nice.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by airplanegod
Glad they are finally updating their interiors. I am assuming the E190's won't be updated at all?
Correct, at least for now.
Originally Posted by djplong
I had a chance to sample the new screen on a recent flight from SJU to JFK and it was *really* nice.
Similar size but not an identical screen.

Also, free FlyFi was mentioned on this morning's call with the note that it should be free "for the foreseeable future."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.