Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue out of ORD.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Jetblue out of ORD.

My wife and I are doing a southern Caribbean Cruise in December and we've booked a flight to San Juan via Jetblue out of Ohare. Then I started reading reviews and can't hardly find anything relating to a Chicago jetblue experience. We are slightly paranoid now that there will be bad weather in December and our flight will be canceled and we won't get on our cruise ship. Please tell me there is someone out there that knows anything about Jetblue out of chicago in December!!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Yes, there is a chance the flight will be cancelled. But predicting today whether that will happen is nearly impossible to do with any accuracy. Are you scheduled to arrive on the day of embarkation or prior? Have you purchased travel insurance?

Both of those are likely to be more useful ways to expend energy than trying to figure out 5+ months in advance what the weather will be on one particular day.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:07 am

Impossible to predict now what the weather will be in December. Also, that is why of I am going on a cruise I will fly in the day before so that I am not going to miss it if there are situations beyond my control.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
The good thing to note is that they also have good connections out of BOS and JFK as a backup should something happen to your SJU flight.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You can't predict weather (or anything else) this far out. No different for any carrier or airport.

Basic rule of thumb with cruises is that you fly in the day before and you have travel insurance (which you have carefully reviewed and which specifically covers weather delays for separately-booked travel).

There are worse places in the world than San Juan for a night in December.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, B6 Mosaic, Hertz President's
Originally Posted by Cruiseaddict87
My wife and I are doing a southern Caribbean Cruise in December and we've booked a flight to San Juan via Jetblue out of Ohare. Then I started reading reviews and can't hardly find anything relating to a Chicago jetblue experience. We are slightly paranoid now that there will be bad weather in December and our flight will be canceled and we won't get on our cruise ship. Please tell me there is someone out there that knows anything about Jetblue out of chicago in December!!
I flew out of ORD on B6 three times last December and didn't have many issues, short delays but nothing major. But that's not to say that something couldn't happen (blizzard,etc)...Best bet is to go to SJU a day or two early as other posters have noted.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
B6 to SJU

Originally Posted by Cruiseaddict87
My flight to JFK last night was delayed for 4 hours because a broken light above the exit row (it got broken because of carry on luggage being taken off after the previous flight ). They were able to fix the plane and get me home (with a 200$ credit as well). B6 can route you through JFK or BOS to get to SJU. AA and UA only have 1 non stop to SJU so you would be taken a connection if that plane had mechanical issues. I would just make sure you are flying the day before and have travel insurance as a backup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.