Wiki Posts
Search

Mint Meal Times?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Mint Meal Times?

I'm looking to book a Mint flight later this year, and I was wondering what the meal times are. I see that they have a Brunch and a Lunch/Dinner menu as well as a red-eye menu. What are the cutoff times for each menu?
Old May 27, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I don't know the exact times, but if you can share which flight(s) you are looking at I'm sure one of us could tell you which service it will have.

-J.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Similar question although won't affect my booking since I've already made it.

I'm on the 830pm JFK - SFO in August (looks to have been re-timed from the current 840pm departure). I assumed dinner would be served given the departure time (and the fact that such a departure time is dinner time on the West Coast) though perhaps that was a bad assumption
Old May 28, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
From JFK to SFO/LAX there are no redeye meal flights. It is only the overnight flights from the West Coast to the East Coast that have the more limited menu as many people prefer to sleep. At least this has been my experience on the late flight from JFK to SFO.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:56 am

Hello everyone! JB Mint Experience serves brunch until departures before 11:00 AM. Lunch/Dinner is then served for departures after 10:00 AM, up until redeye flights. Both Brunch and Lunch/Dinner menus offer a choice of three of five options (2 cold/3 hot). Eastbound shuteye flights serve a fixed menu of three item (2 cold/1 hot), and then a pre-arrival breakfast sandwich. All meals are followed by dessert of fresh mixed fruit and Blue Marble ice cream. When flying in the Mint Experience you also always have the option of ordering the Fresh Cafe items from the Core Experience in the back (chicken or sirloin sandwiches, kale salad, soba noodles, veggie platter, yogurt). I hope this helps!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by InflightInsight
Hello everyone! JB Mint Experience serves brunch until departures before 11:00 AM. Lunch/Dinner is then served for departures after 10:00 AM, up until redeye flights. Both Brunch and Lunch/Dinner menus offer a choice of three of five options (2 cold/3 hot). Eastbound shuteye flights serve a fixed menu of three item (2 cold/1 hot), and then a pre-arrival breakfast sandwich. All meals are followed by dessert of fresh mixed fruit and Blue Marble ice cream. When flying in the Mint Experience you also always have the option of ordering the Fresh Cafe items from the Core Experience in the back (chicken or sirloin sandwiches, kale salad, soba noodles, veggie platter, yogurt). I hope this helps!
When I flew mint, the fresh items weren't offered yet, I dont think...but do mint passengers pay the normal price?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
So, what about departures between 10AM and 11AM? (I haven't actually checked to see if there actually were any).

Thanks for the info! With the WN fare sale in Y and with a lot of carriers matching, I'm torn between whether I want to try Mint or go for the lower fare
Old Jun 2, 2015, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by diburning
Thanks for the info! With the WN fare sale in Y and with a lot of carriers matching, I'm torn between whether I want to try Mint or go for the lower fare
Mint is holy .... amazing and then some. The best part is the crew, closely followed by the food. I don't know what else to say other than you won't regret it.

-J.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by InflightInsight
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Mint is holy .... amazing and then some. The best part is the crew, closely followed by the food. I don't know what else to say other than you won't regret it.

-J.
Awesome - looking forward to trying out Mint in August and comparing it to others. I'm flying D1 on the transcon this weekend and have previously flown transcons UA PS flatbed J and AA J (though on the old 762 not on the A321T) so I'll be curious to see in person how B6 stacks up!

Already snagged a "suite" so on that front B6 already ahead of the other 3!

Last edited by Duke787; Jun 6, 2015 at 7:24 am
Old May 15, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Brunch or Lunch for 10:30am Departure?

I'm looking at a 10:30am departure for BOS-SFO, does anyone know if this will be brunch or lunch service?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
BOS to SFO in the 10:00 AM Hour

Also interested to know say a BOS to SFO flight leaving in the 10:00am hour if it would serve brunch or lunch/dinner? Incidentally I really like the lunch/dinner service with the bread with olive oil.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jewree
I'm looking at a 10:30am departure for BOS-SFO, does anyone know if this will be brunch or lunch service?
Just buy some food at the airport... will be better than the small plates B6 will serve you.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by fly747first
Just buy some food at the airport... will be better than the small plates B6 will serve you.
haha...stop at IKEA on the way to the airport as well to pick up a bed for the flight.

As mentioned above, flights departing before 11am have the brunch service. The food is very good quality.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: Northwest Plat
Anyone knows whether the flight with departure time at 9:23PM from BOS-LAX has dinner? Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by alexphj
Anyone knows whether the flight with departure time at 9:23PM from BOS-LAX has dinner? Thanks.
It does, around 11:00PM if I remember correctly. I flew it a few weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.