Wiki Posts
Search

Disappoint-Mint: b6 523 7 Dec

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Disappoint-Mint: b6 523 7 Dec

Inbound 90 mins late. Then it took JFK 90 mins plus to turn an A321. The TVs were out. It was nearly 1:25 into the flight (after 9:10pm NYC time) when meals were served. The WiFi was spotty - had to be rebooted at least once.

Worst was LAX ground ops. First bags took 40 mins - and our Mint-tagged bag took 52 minutes to drop.

Aaaargh!!
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I've noticed that turning flights is something they just completely drop the ball on.

Not so long ago, the 7pm LAS flight from BOS was delayed for an hour because they had to screen the plane and tow it over from E (plane comes in from intl.). The aircraft had landed at noon. The GA's said it's a regular thing. I suggested maybe it's time they get their act together.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
Disappointing to hear. I've flown Mint once and it was an overwhelmingly positive experience... once I got onto the plane. The lack of premium ground services is a major negative from my perspective, only more so during IRROPS I'd imagine.

But for the price...
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:34 am
Original Poster

The price was the only reason I was there. At $600 I'll do B6 -- vs $1,000 for UA (my current status airline of choice). But at $800 vs $1,000 - I'm far more likely to stay with UA, for the status/mileage/benefits...

ETA: T5 is a great place to wait - unless you need quiet & privacy to work. AmexPlt gets me into Airspace, but it's a weak excuse for a lounge: seats are as close together as in the terminal, and the staff could give old-time unionized FAs on the Hawaii runs lessons in pretending to work. That said, the food (for purchase) was ok - and since admission included a $10pp F&B credit, it wasn't too costly.

Onboard, the B6 FAs in Mint seem a bit too eager to be doing SOMETHING for you...rather than sometimes just leaving you alone.

Last edited by CO FF; Dec 8, 2014 at 11:45 am
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Gee -- a $15.00 travelbank credit for the IFE failure. But nothing for the delays or baggage mishandling.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is the problem B6 faces with Mint. When it was dirt cheap, it was a great alternative. But, as the price differential drops and the problems creep in (no backup), this is going to happen more and more.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
This is the problem B6 faces with Mint. When it was dirt cheap, it was a great alternative. But, as the price differential drops and the problems creep in (no backup), this is going to happen more and more.
AA & UA have dedicated subfleets for their LAX-JFK products too. Also, I'm not sure about the price differential dropping: pricing out some dates in May, AA/UA were coming in at $3k r/t -- but Mint was available at $1200.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Closing the loop: I got the typical post-flight survey email, and gave a detailed & candid response. Within an hour after the survey, I got an email with an acceptable travel bank credit.

No, I won't say how much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.