Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mint Special Meals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Mint Special Meals

Anyone ordered the Health-Medical, Vegasn, or the Kosher meal? Can't find any info on either and even on the phone with Jetblue they know nothing about it.

I don't eat pork and the menu for my flight has three items with pork on them so I have to order one of the special meal choices.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Doesn't look especially promising for you.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by sbm12
Seth, thanks for the post. I saw that. I have the Kosher meal on order now...finally got in touch with someone at Jetblue who said they use Borenstein as their caterer for Kosher meals.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:40 am
Original Poster

I ordered the Vegan meal and can report that the meal included only two special vegan parts. As I am not vegan I also combined it with two items on the regular menu. The vegan special meal items were a Tofu Burrito with Salsa which was great and a Quinoa dish with Beans and tortilla strips which was less than stellar.

I also had Beet Gnudi and a rather horrible vegetable crudite dish...too heavy on the truffles. There was bread and butter served with the dish, one small piece of olive bread that didn't taste vegan, and one small dish of butter that also didn't taste vegan.

There was also a soup of some kind or another that seemed to be a cream base.

The starter was deviled egg so vegetarian but not vegan, and the dessert was the regular Pumpkin Spice ice-cream from Blue Marble accompanied by Fruit Salad - vegetarian but not vegan. The baked goods you receive as a good-bye gift were also not vegan but were vegetarian and there are vegetarian snacks available including cookies, chips, and fruit, but aside from the fruit I'm not sure if any of that was Vegan.

Overall the dishes were quite filling and I left the flight satisfied. Food quality is waaaaaay better than UA and better than AA and overall seemed to be on par or just above DL on the route.

This was on a lunch/dinner flight from LAX-JFK (October 2014 Eastbound Lunch/Dinner Menu).
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Anyone know the meal times? I'm assuming the 9:50 AM departure is brunch, not lunch. I'm not keen on the choices listed online, so I may try one of the special meals instead.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Anyone know the meal times? I'm assuming the 9:50 AM departure is brunch, not lunch. I'm not keen on the choices listed online, so I may try one of the special meals instead.
I was on the 9:30 a few days after it launched this past June, and it was brunch.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:20 pm

We will be on 9:30PM LAX-JFK flight in June-

This is the first time that we are paying for Mint--An experiment if I can actually sleep on a Red eye. Usually I am on the even more space seat- perfectly comfortable, but no matter what, if lucky, I'll get may an hour or two light sleep. So if I can sleep on this flight, then I will be hooked and pay the $600 for the seat, if it remains at that price. (I book way ahead of flight)

The food offered really doesn't work for me. I don't eat port or fish at all. Just--- Chicken, turkey or beef and salad. Ok that being said, the review of the vegetarian meal was not very good. I'm thinking of ordeing the Kosher meal---I emailed Borenstein to ask what exactly the food is for Jetblue- haven't heard back yet. Does any one on this board know what the Kosher meal is?

Truthfully, I can skip the meal altogether, but if it is included and edible....
Just trying to decide if we should just eat a light salad at the airport or eat a regular meal before boarding.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Jetswdo
This is the first time that we are paying for Mint--An experiment if I can actually sleep on a Red eye. Usually I am on the even more space seat- perfectly comfortable, but no matter what, if lucky, I'll get may an hour or two light sleep. So if I can sleep on this flight, then I will be hooked and pay the $600 for the seat, if it remains at that price. (I book way ahead of flight)

The food offered really doesn't work for me. I don't eat port or fish at all. Just--- Chicken, turkey or beef and salad. Ok that being said, the review of the vegetarian meal was not very good. I'm thinking of ordeing the Kosher meal---I emailed Borenstein to ask what exactly the food is for Jetblue- haven't heard back yet. Does any one on this board know what the Kosher meal is?

Truthfully, I can skip the meal altogether, but if it is included and edible....
Just trying to decide if we should just eat a light salad at the airport or eat a regular meal before boarding.
You know, I know they serve salads and everything in coach for sale on the transcons to LAX-- maybe you can see if you can get one of those instead of the mint meals? Some of them look pretty good.

http://www.jetblue.com/flying-on-jet...trition-facts/
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:08 pm

I just want to know what the Kosher meal includes....

The stuff offerered in coach isn't bad at all. But we usually eat dinnner by 7:30 at the latest anyway. I just figured that as long as I am paying for the mint service, I'd like to eat the meal-- I'd like to see what I am paying for-- besides that flat bed (which again, is the main reason for this flight) Hopefully someone will post the June east bound dinner/red eye flight menu in advance of my flight----If it isn't a pork eater special or just fish- then I won't bother with the Kosher meal.....
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:35 pm

The Shut Eye Kosher meal is:

Someone at Jetblue sent me this info:
Tasting--Eggplant salad with roaster pepper olive salad
Main Course (Three cold dished tapas style)
1. Roasted chicken slices, couscous salad, and a chimchurri sause
2. Pineapple celery salad with smoked trout
3. Oven poached cod over toasted barley, fennel and lima bean salad with a olive caper relish

Pre-arrival service-- Hot egg and cheese sandwich

This info is for 9:25 PM flight- LAX-JFK.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jetswdo
Someone at Jetblue sent me this info:
Tasting--Eggplant salad with roaster pepper olive salad
Main Course (Three cold dished tapas style)
1. Roasted chicken slices, couscous salad, and a chimchurri sause
2. Pineapple celery salad with smoked trout
3. Oven poached cod over toasted barley, fennel and lima bean salad with a olive caper relish

Pre-arrival service-- Hot egg and cheese sandwich

This info is for 9:25 PM flight- LAX-JFK.
That actually doesn't sound too bad. Please post how it is once you take the flight.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:46 am

Ok, here is my report on kosher red eye meal:

I just don't eat pork or fish. The very nice f a let me mix and match--so part of the kosher meal was fish--she pulled that out and gave me the soup instead from regular meal which was tasty. The rest was ok--hummus, pita, sauces-
breakfast was an awful egg bagel thing- tossed it and ate at hotel.

The f a told me that Jetblue will be adding a few basic foods, but again, why the need to add pork to everything? ex. a hamburger with some pork thing on top of it ( some fancy bacon sausage?) Can't they just serve a plain hamburger and offer the pork stuff as a side dish. Just wierd.

We are doing this flight again in November--I will still request the Kosher meal just to have more choices since the regular late night meal is mostly fish and pork.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.