Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue TrueBlue Points - Any Opportunities?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:50 am
Original Poster

JetBlue just opened/will shortly open a non-stop SLC to MCO route and since that's where my family resides I'm looking to acquire lots of JetBlue points. I see there's an AMEX transfer bonus right now, but I look like I'm a little late to that.

Haven't been in the credit card game for a while and was wondering if there is something other than the standard 20K TrueBlue points card with AMEX.

Currently only have Chase Sapphire, Freedom, and Citi AA Visa cards. Have done SPG, Marriott, and British Airways BOA (?) in the past as well.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
American Express offers a co-branded JetBlue credit card which earns TruBlue points directly.

American Express Membership Rewards points are transferable to JetBlue. The promotion which runs to 9.15.2014 is for Membership Rewards transfers. There are many cards which earn Membership Rewards points: Green, Gold and Platinum charge cards, all in personal and business variants. There are also personal Everyday and Everyday Preferred credit cards.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The 20k AmEx cobranded card is "standard" in that it is up now and has been for a couple months but it isn't always the number. I cannot think of many examples where the number has gone higher, though, so not much to bank on there.

As for AmEx MR transfers, make sure that you are getting good value there. The ratios and point values can make it a better deal to buy the ticket as a revenue purchase and pay with points rather than transfer and buy with points from B6 in some scenarios. It takes some research to figure it out.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
rocket miles

Originally Posted by Smidget
JetBlue just opened/will shortly open a non-stop SLC to MCO route and since that's where my family resides I'm looking to acquire lots of JetBlue points. I see there's an AMEX transfer bonus right now, but I look like I'm a little late to that.

Haven't been in the credit card game for a while and was wondering if there is something other than the standard 20K TrueBlue points card with AMEX.

Currently only have Chase Sapphire, Freedom, and Citi AA Visa cards. Have done SPG, Marriott, and British Airways BOA (?) in the past as well.
If you are going to stay at a hotel anyway, Rocketmiles offers a 3K first time bonus (and 1k to 2k per night). I got 5k miles for 150$ stay at a hotel in which I was going to stay anyway.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
I got a ton of points from Rocket Miles, as well. I also do the surveys and have gotten over 10,000 points in a little over a year.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for the advice!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:05 am

You can also mess around the the JetBlue badges which accrue some points.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Hi all...I'm a Lifetime Gold on UA.....Do I stick with them since I get group 2...3 free bags, free E+ and status with UA....or you think i should switch to B6 where I have no status?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Hi all...I'm a Lifetime Gold on UA.....Do I stick with them since I get group 2...3 free bags, free E+ and status with UA....or you think i should switch to B6 where I have no status?
Where do you live, where do you travel to, how much do you fly and is there a need to only fly a single airline?

I'm also MMer on UA and fly B6 a decent amount. The free checked bag(s) has zero impact on that decision for me.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Do whats is best for you

Originally Posted by sanfran8080
If B6 if 50$ cheaper and has 1 free bag, then it makes sense to fly them. In the long run consumers benefit my competition on routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.