Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Price Drop Credit - Rules Changing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Just now, while getting a credit for a price drop, I was also informed that the rules are changing.

Starting Aug 15th the price drop credit will be provided at no charge for the first 14 days after purchase, after that you must pay a 75$ fee. So, of course, it's only worth the bother if the price drops more than 75$.

Sad. My airline shopping just got more tedious. I left a comment via their website. No doubt they will be heart broken at my disappointment.

By the way gethuman.com offers a call back service so you don't have to wait on hold when calling JetBlue.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:42 pm

That's horrible for flyers. $75 is way too high a fee if the average one way fare is $200..

At the minimum, i hope that Mosaic members ("be fee free") can get the price drop credit without the fee.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:36 pm
Suspended

I guess we have to start "timing" our airfare purchases: only buy when you think the price is a low as it can get. Purchasing tickets far in advance will no longer pay off.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by puisun88
That's horrible for flyers. $75 is way too high a fee if the average one way fare is $200..

At the minimum, i hope that Mosaic members ("be fee free") can get the price drop credit without the fee.
As a mosaic, you can just as easily cancel and rebook the lower fare. Easier, actually, as that can be done entirely online.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Their prices don't really drop as often as the legacies anyway. Looks like it will be back to watching the ITA Matrix like a hawk for me!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Best Pricing History & Monitoring Web Sites

What are the best web sites or services for monitoring the history of prices on a route, for instance, you might want to see the 52 week high and low of a price between two locations?
Or the best service for monitoring prices on a particular flight? Yapta? TripIt?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:33 pm

Also, I've found that since I received a price drop credit, I have been unable to change my seat online. Is this an intended effect?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee
Originally Posted by jetsetter
What are the best web sites or services for monitoring the history of prices on a route, for instance, you might want to see the 52 week high and low of a price between two locations?
Or the best service for monitoring prices on a particular flight? Yapta? TripIt?
TripIt requires the Pro version ($50) to do this. You can set price monitoring alerts in Kayak, but they tend to work best for simple itineraries (meaning that multi-stop itins would have to be tracked as individual segments)
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Does the $75 fee also apply to award bookings that show a reduction in the number of points required after the initial booking?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:01 am

No. If you call JetBlue (has to be done over the phone) for a price drop credit, they will simply cancel the original, waive the fee, then rebook under the new lower points "price." It's only free if done within 14 days of booking though.

Last edited by diburning; Aug 22, 2014 at 1:07 am
Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:16 pm

That just made Yapta useless to me
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:26 pm

I just got a price drop credit on two tickets today. No extra fee / no mention of any extra fee.
The credits were posted to my travelbank account immediately.
The original tickets were purchased beginning of July - I had two price drops & credits since the purchase date, one at the end of July, one at the beginning of Aug. These were for domestic tickets.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by jetsetter
I like hopper. Also, I often use ITA Matrix to get a sense of what the airfare costs over a few months.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dvcgrace
I just got a price drop credit on two tickets today. No extra fee / no mention of any extra fee.
The credits were posted to my travelbank account immediately.
The original tickets were purchased beginning of July - I had two price drops & credits since the purchase date, one at the end of July, one at the beginning of Aug. These were for domestic tickets.
Lucky you.

JetBlue offers travel agents the ability to rebook down to a lower fare prior to travel if a decrease in price occurs after a ticket has been issued. Effective August 14, 2014, there will be a $75 Fee associated with honoring a lower fare on tickets exchanged 15 days or more of the issued date of the active VCR that is in OK status.
http://www.jetblue.com/travel-agents/lower-fare/
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:12 am
Suspended

Just got an alert that my JetBlue flight I bought in early August dropped in price by... $75.
I guess I should have waited with buying. Lesson learned: never ever again buy a B6 ticket well in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.