Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stopped Precheck

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Stopped Precheck

We have been getting TSA Precheck printed on our boarding passes for our last few trips on JB. Just checked in for tomorrow's flight, and her boarding pass shows TSA Precheck, BUT MINE DOESN'T. Why would they take it away from me, but not from her on the same booking?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat - (1MM)
Unless there has been a recent change, you will not always get precheck. It's random. There was a time when I flew from LaGuardia every other week. Never got LaGuardia but got the airport coming home. Hopefully the use managed inclusion at the airport you are departing from and get selected for that. It's just like precheck, but again a random thing determined by a computer program.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do you have a KTN in your record or was it just luck of the draw?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:08 am
Original Poster

No idea what a KTN is, but it just suddenly started showing up on our boarding passes. Never applied for anything. I DO have a EMS seat - wonder if that will be same line in a small airport like SRQ.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Known Traveler Number. You get it with Global Entry or if you pay for Pre. Without those it really is luck of the draw if you get it or not. And the TSA has announced that they will be scaling back who will get the random version so sign up for Pre/GE if you want it.

Also, EMS is not the same. Net effect might be similar at SRQ, but Pre means shoes stay on and no laptops out; EMS does not get those benefits.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:17 pm

It looks like the random invites to those of us not enrolled in pre-check will soon be a thing of the past.

http://seattletimes.com/html/travel/...limitsxml.html
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:05 am

If you can do it, I'd recommend NEXUS - provided that you're near or are already planning to go to the Canadian border. It's $50 (but free for children under 18) and in addition to the benefits crossing into Canada, CBP can also enroll you in GE at the same time. You end up with a PASS ID which is your Known Traveler Number for TSA purposes.

We did it back when Amex Platinum was still reimbursing any $100 in charges from CBP GOES (the enrollment system) so for our family of 3 it was $0 for 3 years. I don't believe Amex is still reimbursing that as they'd never intended to, but it can work out cheaper and with a greater set of benefits over GE even if you pay, especially if you have minor children.

FWIW, since enrolling in NEXUS, I've had Pre on my boarding pass 100% of the time. It's not guaranteed, but it's worked out well for me.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
TSA Pre-check not working online, use kiosk

Just checked in online for flights tomorrow and it did not show PreCheck. I called up JetBlue and they confirmed there is issue with PreCheck number showing up on online check-in. They said to print out boarding pass at kiosk and it will correctly show TSA Pre Check

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.