Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

I want to fly from BOS to Hawaii using Jet Blue and Hawaiian Airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos

When I try to book BOS to Hawaii (we're staying 4 days in the Big Island, 5 in Kauai), it offers me change of plane in Las Vegas or JFK. We'd prefer one change in LAX, and have a 3 day layover with that change. Don't really care if it's the westbound or eastbound leg.

If I try to book the flights on Hawaiian's site, they offer me LAX, but the BOS/LAX leg is on Virgin, which I might have to take, but I'd prefer JetBlue.

We're willing to start our trip from BOS any time between 3/7 and 3/15, with 11-13 nights total involved. Our concerns are a late arrival into LAX westbound might mean an unplanned overnight if we miss the connection to HNL.

Since we only want one California layover, I am shying away from nesting two itineraries (BOS/LAX, LAX/Hawaii) because I'd hate to be late into LAX and miss the following leg. And I'd prefer not to have planned overnights in LA on both legs.

Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Have you tried Hipmunk or another OTA rather than only the JetBlue site? The site is pretty limited, particularly for multi-stop flights and such.

Also, with the stopover in LAX you might be breaking the fare such that it is just end-on-end tickets all the way. Not sure the pricing is going to be pleasant on that.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by sbm12
Have you tried Hipmunk or another OTA rather than only the JetBlue site? The site is pretty limited, particularly for multi-stop flights and such.

Also, with the stopover in LAX you might be breaking the fare such that it is just end-on-end tickets all the way. Not sure the pricing is going to be pleasant on that.
Yeah, I'm getting sticker shock!

I played with google flights and ITA yesterday after posting this, will try a couple others today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.