Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic - It is a disgrace

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic - It is a disgrace

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic - It is a disgrace

I am a TrueBlue Mosaic member and I could not be more disappointed with the benefits - or lack there of - that is offers. Any one agree?

As a frequent traveler, I have TSA Precheck so Even More Speed is meaningless to me, I don't get upgraded to Even More Space (only benefit here is that I can use points to pay for the fee), and I cannot upgrade my flights to their new MINT class without canceling them all and rebooking with points.

So ultimately, frequenting with JetBlue gets me early boarding and waived change fees - that's it. Pretty sad if you ask me.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by bostonflyer14
I am a TrueBlue Mosaic member and I could not be more disappointed with the benefits - or lack there of - that is offers. Any one agree?

As a frequent traveler, I have TSA Precheck so Even More Speed is meaningless to me, I don't get upgraded to Even More Space (only benefit here is that I can use points to pay for the fee), and I cannot upgrade my flights to their new MINT class without canceling them all and rebooking with points.

So ultimately, frequenting with JetBlue gets me early boarding and waived change fees - that's it. Pretty sad if you ask me.
You get pre-check every time you fly? Wow. Some of us aren't so lucky.

Not that I disagree with you on the benefits, though. I think they could offer multiple tiers with increased benefits at higher levels.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I'd also really, really like to see extra space seats come to Mosaic. B6 would get even more of my business.

Extra checked bag. I use that all the time.

Also, being able to cancel any ticket at any time is HUGE and something no other airline offers.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by bostonflyer14
you're crazy. if youve had to travel during a winter in the north east, having someone to call to rebook flights with <1 minute wait times is priceless. plus 2 extra points per $ ? the hockey games/concerts/red sox games are nice too :-)
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tkey75
Also, being able to cancel any ticket at any time is HUGE and something no other airline offers.
AS offers it to their higher elite tiers. WN offers it to everyone.

The program is different from what the legacy carriers offers and that includes elite benefits.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by sbm12
AS offers it to their higher elite tiers. WN offers it to everyone.

The program is different from what the legacy carriers offers and that includes elite benefits.
I suppose I meant legacy carriers. I don't consider WN and last time I was MVPG on AS that wasn't an offering. See, I learned something today!
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
It really is a rebate program with just a little loyalty aspect thrown in. But, ironically, they can now boast that they're the industry leader with this concept...

This said, their coach product is also the industry leader, so worth a look before every trip. ^

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 26, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Red face

Originally Posted by cleanfloor
you're crazy. if youve had to travel during a winter in the north east, having someone to call to rebook flights with <1 minute wait times is priceless. plus 2 extra points per $ ? the hockey games/concerts/red sox games are nice too :-)
Interesting that you should bring up winter. Not JetBlue's strong suit. Those with hopes that its collapse a few winters ago was a thing of the past had their hopes dashed this winter. OK, it was an intentional, organized collapse this time. At least their planes were where they wanted them to be. Net-net: The recovery was sooner.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The program is not bad compared to a low level elite elsewhere (like an AA Gold). The no change fee is not bad.

The issue is that the qualification is $5k spend, which is the equivalent of a mid-tier like AA Plat, and the benefits just don't stack up to that level. I agree that eventually they'll add a tiered system where higher tiers get free access to EM Space and Mint.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
AS offers it to their higher elite tiers.
MVP and non members now get no change fees for 60+ day advance notice
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Vote with your feet. There are rants all over other carriers' forums about how little their FFP means anymore and how they might as well jump ship.

All of this leads to the simple fact that if B6 isn't meeting your needs, you should shift your business to one that does. Different people want different things out of a FFP and you apparently want things which B6 doesn't (and isn't likely to) offer.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Firewind
Interesting that you should bring up winter. Not JetBlue's strong suit. Those with hopes that its collapse a few winters ago was a thing of the past had their hopes dashed this winter. OK, it was an intentional, organized collapse this time. At least their planes were where they wanted them to be. Net-net: The recovery was sooner.
It was incredibly organized considering how brutal the winter is, and they were more than accommodating to people who got screwed. Ok, nothing is ever enough, but name me another airline proactively depositing points into your account for canceling a flight.

But anyways, your gripe was with mosaic, and yes, ill stand by it being an awesome benefit not to have to wait in a queue. Weather in new england happens in the winter.. just something we (travelers) have to deal with.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1066 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I made my first fee-free flight change yessterday as a Mosaic benefit. Super easy. That was the main benefit I was looking forward to using and I'm happy to see it was as simple as I'd hoped.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:40 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1066 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I made my first fee-free flight change yessterday as a Mosaic benefit. Super easy. That was the main benefit I was looking forward to using and I'm happy to see it was as simple as I'd hoped.
With all your flying, I suggest that your much greater blessing is not to have needed to change until now.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Some employee on my flight stated something about additional benefits are to be added to Mosaic in the near future. He did not elaborate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.