Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue to Allow Family Point Pooling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue to Allow Family Point Pooling

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Long Distance
Question - I just watched the video on the JB website. It mentions setting goals and using your points after you reach your goal.

Can the "family" points only be used that way or can any person(s) in the "family" use any amount of points at any time for a free ticket?
Only the designated head of the household can redeem an award for a family member
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mnscout
Only the designated head of the household can redeem an award for a family member
Thank you, so you don't have to set goals, the Head of Household can redeem points at any time for any flights????
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Question - I just watched the video on the JB website. It mentions setting goals and using your points after you reach your goal.

Can the "family" points only be used that way or can any person(s) in the "family" use any amount of points at any time for a free ticket?
Thank you, so you don't have to set goals, the Head of Household can redeem points at any time for any flights????
Only head of household can redeem because once you link the account and transfer, the miles are deducted from the invitee and placed into the head of household's account. When you first accept the invitation and selected 100% contribution, your entire account balance is moved to the head of household's account.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Actually, it does. I know JetBlue says that it doesn't in their press-release, but they are mistaken. Hawaiian has a very simple, and to date the most liberal mile-sharing policy of them all.
Only if you have the CC. JetBlue's is quite more friendly in that regard.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 12:36 pm

guys - 2 questions. I never bothered about creating a loyalty account. If I create one now for travel that I did 3 months ago, can I choose to create a family account and pool accrued miles into head of household account?

Thx
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:14 am

Here is the reply I received from Jet blue about how the program works re fees or NOT for future transfers of points from flights.

"Thank you for contacting JetBlue Airways regarding the new Family Pooling feature. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

The Family Pooling program is a free program. The new Family Pooling tool was created to allow you to contribute a certain percentage of points earned from future flights into the Head of Household account. However, during the initial registration phase, you are given the opportunity to also transfer points that you have already accumulated into the Head of Household account for no fee.
After this initial offer,if you would like to transfer more points that you already have in your account into the Head of Household account, you would need to utilize the transfer points option which goes through our partner points.com and does require a fee.
[/U]
For all of your future flights, the amount you elected to contribute during registration will automatically be deducted after flight completion and deposited into the Head of Household account.
You can elect to change your contribution amounts once per year. Ongoing contributions are not considered transfers, they are “contributions”. These contributions do not have anything to do with points.com transfers. There are NO fees for ongoing contributions.

We hope this clears up any questions you may have. If you do have further questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583).
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Joanel
Here is the reply I received from Jet blue about how the program works re fees or NOT for future transfers of points from flights.
The answer you got was about contributions, not transfers. They are two different things.

When you sign up for pooling there is a one-time, fee-free option to move points into the Pool. Any future transfers from a personal account to the pool will incur a fee.

When you sign up you also choose what percentage of the points earnt over your personal travels will be placed into the pool; this is what JetBlue is calling contributions. There is no fee for the contributions to be made and it happens automatically.

If you choose to contribute 50% of on-going earning to the pool and then later wish to transfer the points you've been accumulating personally into the pool there will be a charge for that transaction.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by sam007
guys - 2 questions. I never bothered about creating a loyalty account. If I create one now for travel that I did 3 months ago, can I choose to create a family account and pool accrued miles into head of household account?

Thx
The limit for claiming missing points is 90 days. If you're inside of that create the personal account, claim the missing points and then join the members into a household account. If you're outside of that then I think you're out of luck.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:13 pm

Guys - does Jetblue allow one to replace a member once a year or something? This is what I'm faced with - I bought tickets for a bunch of foreign relatives who are unlikely to return within the next 10 yrs. Totally it's 4 people and I was thinking of creating (2) FF accounts since they are all adults. Then, replace each one after 10 months if the program allowed to continue collecting miles on my name
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:26 am

Once per year. You're not going to get all the points, but you should be able to do OK with it.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:51 pm

What do you mean I'm not going to be able to get all my points? Do they deduct points when I replace members?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
What do you mean I'm not going to be able to get all my points? Do they deduct points when I replace members?
No, they don't deduct points. I guess now that they don't expire points you will be able to eventually combine all the points into your account but it will take a long time (years, not months). At that pace I'm not 100% sure it really is worth it.

I suppose you could create two families to start, getting the 4 tickets into two accounts. And then try to have the head of household in one of the families kick the other member out so as to become a solo account again and then join the other account as a family member. But that's a long con in the end.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:52 pm

Question Family Pooling Benefits for Adult Couple

How beneficial is the JetBlue Family Pooling for an adult couple (two adults)?

My girlfriend and I live together and, for the most part, fly together. It's just us... no kiddos. We are both JetBlue American Express cardholders. She receives utility points, I do not.

Would this program be beneficial to us?

Thanks! ^
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:41 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Doesn't matter if you fly together or not. The real question is whether you want all the points to end up in one account or to keep them separate. If all in one account it is easier to redeem but you have to commit to pooling from the very beginning or there isn't much value.

The CCs and other bits don't matter though I do not believe those points pool in the program.

Also, I'd check the rates you're paying for electricity as they are probably much higher than if you weren't getting points, far more than the points are worth.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

The CCs and other bits don't matter though I do not believe those points pool in the program.
FYI - The Amex credit card points do pool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.