Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue WiFi Progress

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US SP, JetBlue Mosaic, AMEX Plat
JetBlue WiFi Progress

Anyone with additional information? I just tweeted them and got this response which didn't address the timing/schedule question at all... I'm based out of Boston and they are HUGE here, practically flying direct to every place I need to go... add in a few extra bucks for an exit row with 38" pitch, and they really can't be beat. The only thing missing is WiFi, which I know is coming ... but WHEN??

Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Any time we make modifications to our aircraft, we must get the FAA’s sign off on those changes. LiveTV is currently leading the certification process for our Wi-Fi system, which is the first of its kind for commercial aviation. Among other physical changes required to integrate broadband on our jets is the installation of a longer radome atop the fuselage to house the communications equipment. We anticipate the certification process taking 40-70 days after it begins in March.
So it has the testing to go through yet before it goes live and all the aircraft need to be retrofitted with a new dome on the fuselage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.