Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Seat assignment at booking - questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.

I searched the forum but only found threads from 2010 or 2011. Here are some questions on my experience with JetBlue.

1. I cannot get a seat assigned until I get to the gate. Even though I checked in 24 hours in advance.

2. Wonder if refundable tickets will get me more space seats?

I just paid $1300 for round trip next week and I cannot get a window seat!!!! What is the art of getting decent seats on JetBlue? For the project I am working on, a travel agent has to book it and I cannot book it directly on JetBlue.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
I'm not sure how it works through a travel agent, but did you try logging into the JetBlue website and see if you can change the seat from there? I just looked through the website and if I'm reading this correctly, you can call JetBlue to have a seat assigned:

http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN...bj%28382583%29
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by gk17
I'm not sure how it works through a travel agent, but did you try logging into the JetBlue website and see if you can change the seat from there? I just looked through the website and if I'm reading this correctly, you can call JetBlue to have a seat assigned:

http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN...bj%28382583%29
Thanks a lot for your input. Will get it a try.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Bumping this thread for mynquestion

I think I flew B6 once 10 years ago. I just made a resevation for next week and when I try to get a seat assignment its says all free seats are already assigned and i can only choose Extra Leg room, etc for $50. Each way.

My question is does that mean I would get a ELR seat for free or do they actually hold back non ELR seats and then assign them and are just trying to get people to buy ELR?

Thanks for any info.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by cruisr
I think I flew B6 once 10 years ago. I just made a resevation for next week and when I try to get a seat assignment its says all free seats are already assigned and i can only choose Extra Leg room, etc for $50. Each way.

My question is does that mean I would get a ELR seat for free or do they actually hold back non ELR seats and then assign them and are just trying to get people to buy ELR?

Thanks for any info.
They do block off row 25 (or the last row if youre on a 321) for last minute assignments. There is a chance you'd get EMS, but you could also get put in row 25.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by FLIHGH
They do block off row 25 (or the last row if youre on a 321) for last minute assignments. There is a chance you'd get EMS, but you could also get put in row 25.
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.