Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue starts service today to PVD!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:35 am
Original Poster

JetBlue flight 1076 is scheduled to arrive from MCO at 1:24 pm (already running 8 minutes late...lol. It was scheduled to arrive at 1:16pm)

Has anyone been to PVD lately? Just curious as to were there counter is and which gate they will be using. I haven't traveled thru PVD since the announcement of JB coming. If I had to guess, they will be using the old AA counter and the old AA gate. Then again, maybe it is the old Northwest counter.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:11 am
Original Poster

For the above flight, JB is using Gate 12. If I recall, that is a former AE gate
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Maybe you guys can take a picture of B6 ticket counter & the gates, too. Will you take those picture for me.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
jetBlue ticketing is on the right side on the end closest to the security line next to Cape Air. They have Gate 12 between DL Gate 11 and former AA Gate 14. I can't remember what used to be at 12.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Gate 12 I believe was an American Eagle gate at one time. Made things easy because as ImprovGal recalls, AA was Gate 14. As for the ticket counter, this is interesting. That spot is the old Northwest ticket counter. I believe that would mean that the AA counter is still unoccupied. Thanks for the info
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Flew B6 r/t to Orlando. Flights were sold out both ways so people were taking advantage of the promotional fares.

I was able to book last Wednesday for Friday and got $90 each way which was way cheaper than WN.

The gate agents have to learn to to be more assertive as half the plane said they had children under 2 or needed additional assistance. The children were really big 2 yrs olds.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by ktremor
Flew B6 r/t to Orlando. Flights were sold out both ways so people were taking advantage of the promotional fares.

I was able to book last Wednesday for Friday and got $90 each way which was way cheaper than WN.

The gate agents have to learn to to be more assertive as half the plane said they had children under 2 or needed additional assistance. The children were really big 2 yrs olds.
Were we on the same flight? The 3:15 on 12/7? In addition to the volume of preboards, I noticed a lot of people not understanding when they should board. They were too used to the WN system and couldn't seem to grasp how such a thing as a seat assignment could affect when they board.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ImprovGal
Were we on the same flight? The 3:15 on 12/7? In addition to the volume of preboards, I noticed a lot of people not understanding when they should board. They were too used to the WN system and couldn't seem to grasp how such a thing as a seat assignment could affect when they board.
I was on the 8am flight, but it sounds like you had the same experience.

I think half the people did not realize that they had a seat assignment and when boarding began it was a stampede for the gate. There were was a lot of angry people that did not like that they with their front non EMS seat
were boarding last.

Also people hit the headphone bin hard because I think half did not know there was TV and XM on the plane.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:21 pm

I was on the 8am flight, but it sounds like you had the same experience.

I think half the people did not realize that they had a seat assignment and when boarding began it was a stampede for the gate. There were was a lot of angry people that did not like that they with their front non EMS seat
were boarding last.

Also people hit the headphone bin hard because I think half did not know there was TV and XM on the plane.
I saw the headphone bin raids as well. From people wearing iPods. I think they missed the announcement that regular headphones work.

Interestingly, while waiting for my return flight, people next to me mentioned that their flight boarded front-to-back after calling for EMS and preboards. I am wondering if B6 is bringing any new passenger traffic into PVD, though. I suspect it may be just consuming passengers who would have flown WN and the net result will be WN scaling back their PVD-MCO and PVD-FLL nonstop frequencies.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Improv or KT, with the stampede to the gate, did the GA's at least control the problem? Everyone hears that Jet Blue is operating out of Providence but thats not what they hear. They hear "jetblue, another DISCOUNT CARRIER is flying out of Providence". After they have been flying WN for so many years, I think the less than frequent flyer assumes that it is general boarding. Even then, if someone has flown WN at least once, WN does have some order to their boarding process.

Question. I have yet to buy tickets on JB. I assume that you can pick your seat at time of purchase, correct? I assume that your seat number is printed on your receipt and then on your boarding pass, correct? The stampede makes no sense. Then again, if one flies DL, their gate lice are outrageous at some airports.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:30 pm

Hi. The GA stopped the first couple of people then gave up when the stampede came.

The rush is not for seats but for bin space.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:57 pm

Hi. The GA stopped the first couple of people then gave up when the stampede came.

The rush is not for seats but for bin space.
But with the first checked bag free, bin space really didn't seem to be at a premium on my flights. I boarded towards the end (row 7, both flights) and there was oddly enough plenty of bin space toward the front. I didn't see anyone's rollaboard turned away to be checked, nor did I hear them call for rollaboards to be voluntarily checked.

Because of my boarding late in the cycle, I didn't pay attention to whether or not the GA was turning away people for boarding out of turn.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:51 am
Original Poster

KT, kind of figured it was the OHB space. Thanks for the replies. Hopefully JB can survive in the PVD market. I think WN wil offer the same amount of flights to MCO and FLL. With that said, that may lower prices alittle, who knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.