Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ems question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Ems question

Newbie to JetBlue - going JFK to LIR. Both of us are tall. My EMS choices are row 5 or row 11. I'm looking for any pros or cons from the experts. thx
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Row 11 is the exit row. The seat cushions are thinner because of the exit row and it tends to get cold in the exit rows. I would recommend row 5 if you want to purchase an EMS seat. Row 5 you are near the front but far enough away not to be bothered by activity in the front galley and Lavs. In Row 11 you are going to have to compete with the whine of the engines. I think you'd much prefer row 5.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
I just started flying for my business travel and I've been booking near the exit row (11). JetBlueFA, do you know if this row offers even more "extra" space compared to the front rows? For some reason, I think it offered a little bit more and I went with this row instead. I would prefer the front rows (quicker exit) if they offer the same space.

Also, any problems with the middle passenger? I read that the middle seat has limited underseat leg space and I know some people are "space hoggers". I find the exit row has enough space for everyone to stretch your legs out in front without any problems.

Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by gk17
I just started flying for my business travel and I've been booking near the exit row (11). JetBlueFA, do you know if this row offers even more "extra" space compared to the front rows? For some reason, I think it offered a little bit more and I went with this row instead. I would prefer the front rows (quicker exit) if they offer the same space.

Also, any problems with the middle passenger? I read that the middle seat has limited underseat leg space and I know some people are "space hoggers". I find the exit row has enough space for everyone to stretch your legs out in front without any problems.

Thanks.
The exit rows (10 and 11) should have the same amount of space as rows 2-5 at 38" of space. I know what you mean about it appearing to have more room but all the EMS seats on the 320 should be spaced out at 38".

The middle seats are usually the last to be filled in the EMS section unless there is a couple traveling together and a single on either the aisle or window. EMS seats are the last seats to be assigned when accommodating the standby list. We will fill every other seat in the plane first before moving to the EMS Section. Unless the flight is full or EVERYBODY wants an EMS seat there is a good chance that you will have an empty middle seat. Very rarely do I get to fly on our 320s, I commute on the 190 and work 190 trips but in the times that I have I have always requested row 4 or 5 aisle or window if it is available.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
I'll be changing those seats in that case for those flights on the 320s. For the 190 planes, I guess the seats with the most space will be near the wing/exit rows? I see row 1 but leg room might be a bit cramped.

Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by gk17
I'll be changing those seats in that case for those flights on the 320s. For the 190 planes, I guess the seats with the most space will be near the wing/exit rows? I see row 1 but leg room might be a bit cramped.

Thanks.
Rows 12-14 are the best EMS seats on the 190 with the exception that the windows are mis-aligned now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.