Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Required to pay Extra Legroom Fee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Howdy all,

If there are no seats left on a plane aside from the Extra Legroom seats are you still required to pay the upgrade fee?

I did some searching and didn't find a thread asking specifically this.

We booked the tickets online and choose not to select a seat. Will they make us pay for the seat when we check in?

Thank you!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:58 pm

No, if there are no other seats you're fine.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jj1987
No, if there are no other seats you're fine.
Thank you!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
jj1987 is correct. If there are no seats left available at check in you will be given a priority card to get you through the check point and then you will be assigned a seat at the gate. If all that is left are EMS seats you will not be required to pay anything. You will be able to enjoy the EMS seat free of charge, it most likely would be a middle seat but still a pretty darn good seat
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
If all that is left are EMS seats you will not be required to pay anything.
It is also possible that if all that are left are middle seats in the non-EML section that is what you'll get. And if you have more than one person in your party there's a decent chance you can get split up as part of the seating efforts. I believe that row 6 (first non-EML row) is held until check-in opens so that might be where you want to look at 24 hours out if possible to secure something together.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:48 pm
Suspended

I assume this "trick" only works if you do not select a seat during the online booking process?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Correct. You have to be unassigned to a seat to have a chance at getting one at the gate that might be EML without a fee. And if you've assigned one at any point getting it unassigned can be a challenge IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.