Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HND>Hotel>NRT Best Service to Travel

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

HND>Hotel>NRT Best Service to Travel

Arriving HND at 2PM, staying overnight at the Hilton Tokyo, and leaving next day 5:50 PM from NRT.

Reading the transit airport threads, etc, it seems either the train or the limo bus service are my best options. However, this is the end of a longer itinerary, so we will have a total of 4 large bags with us, so I don't think the train is reasonable here, unless you think differently.

Is there a reliable limo bus service that you would recommend?

Along with that, how early should we leave from our hotel to get to NRT in time for the 5:50 PM flight?
Old May 18, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Limousine Bus is the best choice for you. Departing from outside of arrival level at HND, no stairs to deal with, and drop you off at the front entrance of Hilton Tokyo. Again bus departs from the front entrance of Hilton Tokyo, no stairs to deal with your luggage, and drop you off at the departure level of NRT.

I will say arriving two hours before the departure at NRT is enough, where there is Limousine Bus departing Hilton Tokyo at 1:40 p.m. arriving at NRT Terminal 2 at 4:00 p.m. and Terminal 1 at 4:05 p.m.

If check out of hotel is 12 noon then take 11:50 a.m. bus from Hilton Tokyo arriving at NRT Terminal 2 at 2:05 p. m. So what if you have little extra time at NRT.

If you do not want that much time at the airport then have your luggage stored at the hotel, check out before 12 noon, have lunch at Shinjuku area, then catch 1:40 p.m. bus from Hilton Tokyo.

You make a reservation for a bus ride from Hilton Tokyo to NRT at the hotel. Recommend making reservation when you arrive at the hotel. Once I waited till the day before and the bus I wanted was fully booked (does not happen often but never know). For bus reservation from HND to Hilton Tokyo, you buy a ticket as the arrival level at HND terminal after your arrival.

I have done this to/from Hilton Tokyo both to/from HND and NRT more often than I would like to admit.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
limousine bus I think will work but I think you can do train too....I believe you can do takkyubin from Haneda to Narita, so go to a takkyubin at Haneda and just send it to Narita for pick up the next day and don't worry about your luggage.

enjoy!
Old May 18, 2017, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys! Awesome advice, departure times especially were super helpful!

Can I book the Limousine Bus in advance? I would prefer that rather than waiting until we get there to book it.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by shimps1

Can I book the Limousine Bus in advance? I would prefer that rather than waiting until we get there to book it.
You cannot pre-book Limousine Bus departures from the airport. All tickets are only sold at the airport (NRT or HND) on the day of travel.

Buy your ticket back to the airport from the hotel upon arrival at the hotel.

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/information/
Old May 18, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by closetasfan
I believe you can do takkyubin from Haneda to Narita, so go to a takkyubin at Haneda and just send it to Narita for pick up the next day and don't worry about your luggage.
Are you sure? Day-later delivery is typically only airport to city, not to the airport. I thought that Yamato still required pick-up 2 days in advance if Tokyo to NRT (although ABC can be 1 day in advance but still must be reserved >2 days out)... unless there is some type of inter-airport service that I'm not aware of.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by shimps1

Ticket reservation for a ride from the airport is available only at the day of flight arrival. Because time it takes to go through customs is unpredictable, if they allow advance reservation there will be many cases where passengers miss the reserved bus and the bus will depart airport empty.

From the ride from the hotel to the airport advance reservation is possible. However, from outside of Japan I think it is only possible by calling their reservation center in Japan, the phone number is provided in the website (+81-3-3665-7220), not sure condition of purchasing ticket. If you are willing to pay for international call then you can give it a try…
Old May 18, 2017, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys.

My concern is that since I am in Tokyo for one day, the earliest I would be able to even book my hotel to airport ride is probably around 4-5PM the day before. If I am catching the 11:50AM bus that is less that 20 hours before I need to be on it.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:48 pm

This is just one reference point. However, one of several of my stay at Hilton Tokyo. A day before I asked at a hotel for Limousine Bus reservation to NRT for next day. The bus I wanted was fully booked, so I reserved one bus earlier than that. It was first time I experienced Limousine bus was totally booked in advanced.

Next morning, on the day of departure, I inquired at the hotel again for the specific bus I want. There was a seat open so I changed my reservation. When I got on a bus that afternoon, the bus was only half full. Looks like Limousine bus only take advanced reservation on limited number of seats only, not all seats are open for advanced reservation. Possible that Limousine bus save good number of seats for day of the departure sales.

If 11:50 a.m. bus to NRT happened to be fully booked, then ask for one before. Then in the morning of departure ask again for seat availability on a bus you want.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Limousine bus booking leaving the hotel is just to make sure the bus *will* come to the hotel. I have never seen the bus leaving Hilton or Hyatt full.

Worst case you take a cab (~800yen) to the bus terminal "Shinjuku Station West Exit" where there's a departure at least every 20 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.