The Access Narita bus

• From Narita Airport to Tokyo Station and Ginza
  • Usual one-way fare: 1,000 yen
  • no ticket required; pay as you enter bus
  • Bus leaves about every 20 minutes
  • http://accessnarita.jp/en/home/

Keisei Bus "Tokyo Shuttle"

Airport Limousine bus

• From Narita Airport to Tokyo Station (and other destinations, such as Shinjuku hotels: Hilton, Hyatt Regency, others)
  • Usual one-way fare: 2,800 yen (to Tokyo Station)
  • buy ticket at inside-terminal ticket counter
  • Bus leaves about every 20 minutes
  • https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/ar...t/shinjuku/dep

Narita Express (N'EX) train
Travel time is about 53 minutes
The N'EX TOKYO Round Trip Ticket is 4,000 yen ( 33%+ off normal cost) for round-trip travel on the Narita Express, operating between Narita Airport Terminals 1 and 2·3, and major stations in the Tokyo metropolitan area. Valid for 14 days.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/nex/

Keisei Skyliner train
Travel time is about 36-41 minutes
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetud...line/index.php

• From Narita Airport to Nippori and Ueno stations
  • One-way fare: 2,470 yen

Keisei Mainline train
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/timetable/index.php#narita1_km

• From Narita Airport to Nippori and Ueno stations
  • Travel time is about 80 minutes
  • One-way fare: 1,030 yen
  • __________________________________________________ ___________________

Discount tickets and passes:
https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/acc...scount_tickets
Print Wikipost

Transportation options from Narita Airport to Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Transportation options from Narita Airport to Tokyo

train options

Last edited by muji; Sep 21, 2019 at 9:37 am
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Is the promotion for NEX RT for 4,000 yen still available? It's still on NEX website with no end date, so I assume it is the case?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sleepro
Is the promotion for NEX RT for 4,000 yen still available? It's still on NEX website with no end date, so I assume it is the case?
That's my assumption as well. Seems to be an ongoing offer.

Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:42 pm

[QUOTE=muji;28085592]That's my assumption as well. Seems to be an ongoing offer.

I'll report back since I'll be headed there in 2 weeks.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

I'll report back since I'll be headed there in 2 weeks.
If you're only going as far as Tokyo Station, the Access and Keisei busses would be even less expensive: just 1,000 yen one way.

If you will be going to areas outside central Tokyo (as shown on the N'EX map here) the N'EX train would be your best bet.

Last edited by muji; Sep 21, 2019 at 10:53 am
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: Dirt
Learned about this option recently. Willer Express operates the Narita Airport-Osaki station service for 1200 yen (1000 yen if prepurchased online.) Certain buses have Kokkou bus livery, it's as if you are at TPE!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msb0b
Narita Airport-Osaki station
Osaki Station is in the Shinagawa area.

Last edited by muji; Sep 21, 2019 at 9:45 am
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:13 pm

[QUOTE
I'll report back since I'll be headed there in 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

So I got the N'EX rt tickets for ¥4,000. Just remember to also make seat reservation for the return trip.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

I got the N'EX rt tickets for ¥4,000. Just remember to also make seat reservation for the return trip.
Sounds good; thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

video of "Access Narita" bus:

majortom421, MattEvan and FlitBen like this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: UA, NW
If you're staying in the northern part of Tokyo, especially around Ueno, the Keisei Skyliner is the way to go. You can also ride as far as Nippori, transfer to the Yamanote Line, which circles the central city, and go to major destinations such as Akihabara and Ikebukuro. It's ¥2470 for a 46-minute ride, and while there may be times when it is crowded, I have never encountered them. I've always been one of ten or fifteen people in the car.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

The Access Narita bus is inexpensive - and convenient, since you do not need to locate an in-terminal ticket counter and buy a ticket there. You can simply board the bus and pay your 1,000 yen. But from the Tokyo Station-area drop-off point you'll need to make your own way onto your final destination (by taxi or train).

The Airport Limousine bus is good if you are staying at one of the main Shinjuku-area hotels (such as the Hyatt Regency, Park Hyatt, Hilton) since the bus will drop you off right at your hotel.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by muji
The Access Narita bus is inexpensive - and convenient, since you do not need to locate an in-terminal ticket counter and buy a ticket there. You can simply board the bus and pay your 1,000 yen. But from the Tokyo Station-area drop-off point you'll need to make your own way onto your final destination (by taxi or train).

The Airport Limousine bus is good if you are staying at one of the main Shinjuku-area hotels (such as the Hyatt Regency, Park Hyatt, Hilton) since the bus will drop you off right at your hotel.
From the JR Tokyo stop, the bus heads to the "Access Narita Ginza" drop-off next to Metro Ginza exit C7. So you've got a choice of train or subway connections. We met young Japanese who ride it for the convenience.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
If you don't have much stuff on you (or you sent your stuff to your hotel by takkyubin), consider the less plush, slower trains between Narita and Tokyo proper.

By JR Sobu Line: Access via the airport JR station. Rapid service takes 90 minutes to Tokyo Station--30 minutes longer than N'EX but at 1320 JPY, it's less than half price. However, there are no bundles or round trip deals or any of that. If you are activating a JR Pass at the airport (I would rather get my money's worth and activate it the next morning, but you do you), you may as well take the N'EX instead.

By Keisei Limited Express: Same station as the Skyliner, but instead, you spend 1190 yen to get from Narita to Nippori, from which you can board JR's Yamanote or Keihin-Tohoku lines (160 yen to Tokyo Station from there). The advantage is where the Sobu train leaves once an hour, there are three Keisei Limited Express trains per hour. Both take 90 minutes to get to their ultimate destinations.

Keisei also offers the Sky Access Express, which is faster than the average Keisei train and offers access to the Toei Asakusa line for a couple hundred yen more.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Might be worth adding the various discount/bundle tickets that each operator offers.

https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/acc...scount_tickets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.