Wiki Posts
Search

HND - Osaka at night

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by jib71
OP is flying to HND.
Which fortunately makes getting to Shinagawa even easier.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
Hi.. I'm planning a trip to Japan and a flight I'm interested gets me into HND at about 10pm but my ultimate destination is Osaka (and Kyoto). Any connection by air would require an overnight. Are there any overnight trains that I can catch or am I better off with a morning connection? If it matters I'll be flying in 1st on NH using miles.

Thanks.
Overnight bus after a long haul would be brutal. Just book a hotel and take the train in the morning. The overnight buses are ok, but I would be miserable after such a long flight.
Cheers
Howie
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:45 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by armagebedar
No, there is no flight or train that would leave Tokyo after 22:00. I would get a hotel near Shinagawa Station and take an early shinkansen train the next morning.

However, what NH flight with F arrives at HND at 22:00? The latest one I can think of is the JFK-HND flight which arrives at 21:10.
When I had this situation, I took a limo bus to Shin-Yokohama station, those run quite late. There is a decent business hotel there. Next morning, took the shinkansen from there.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry to return to this thread so late. I booked 1 ticket JFK-HND-KIX with the HND-KIX leg at 9AM the following morning. That should get me to my hotel in Osaka by around noon. It's an award flight so there were no extra miles (maybe a slightly higher fee). If I could still get there that night that'd be preferable but based on comments here it won't be by bus so I will just cough up the cash for the airport hotel so I am sure not to miss my connection. I thought about hanging out in the airport but I'd really prefer to get some sleep.

I assume I will go through immigration when I arrive at HND and the HND-KIX leg will be treated as a domestic flight. Is that correct?

What if I have luggage? I assume I'd have to pick up my bag if I checked it on JFK-HND but can I recheck it then or do I have to wait until the next day for the HND-KIX leg?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: Delta
Can you book HND to ITM (Itami) instead? ITM is a domestic airport much closer to downtown Osaka than KIX.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA, NW

I assume I will go through immigration when I arrive at HND and the HND-KIX leg will be treated as a domestic flight. Is that correct?
Yes. That's correct. You go through immigration at your first airport.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nishimark
Can you book HND to ITM (Itami) instead? ITM is a domestic airport much closer to downtown Osaka than KIX.
I'm currently booked to KIX. I don't remember why I selected KIX over ITM but it must have been for a good reason.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: UA, NW
I'm currently booked to KIX. I don't remember why I selected KIX over ITM but it must have been for a good reason.
No problem. Depends on where you're staying in Osaka, but the Nankai Airport Express will take you straight to Namba, the Kansai Airport Rapid Service will take you to Umeda, and the Haruka will take you to Shin-Osaka. There are also limousine buses for certain other destinations:

http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/a...bus/index.html

It will just take you longer than it would have from Itami.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
If you're spending the night at Haneda, there's the First Cabin "capsule-ish" hotel in the terminal. The sleeping spaces are larger than a capsule hotel and I spent the night a few years ago - perfectly acceptable and convenient.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

I'll probably just take the airport limo bus. A little over an hour and it stops about a 5 minute walk from my hotel. I can look outside (if I get a window seat) and take in the view.

I thought one day to try a capsule hotel but not this trip.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

I assume I'd have to pick up my bag if I checked it on JFK-HND but can I recheck it then or do I have to wait until the next day for the HND-KIX leg?
Sorry I didn't see that this last question was answered. After I pick up my checked bag and go through immigration, will I have the opportunity to recheck it at that time?

Edit: Nevermind, cannot check through for next day flights except HND extends that to 3AM flights.

Last edited by sbjnyc; Apr 6, 2017 at 4:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.