Haneda Transfer to Tokyo late (ish) arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie

What is the best way to transfer from Haneda Airport to central Tokyo (Maronouchi area) after coming off an international arrival that's due in at 10:20 pm.

Would prefer to avoid buses if at all possible.

Totally comfortable using JR line if that's part of the deal.

Advice appreciated.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
Just put Haneda and your final destination into Google Maps - it can give you the train info. It looks like the last trains from Haneda leave right around midnight so unless your flight is super late, it's not a problem to take the train.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Iirc, the last monorail to Hamamatsucho is about 2330. From there you can either taxi or connect by rail.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
for train schedules you can use www.hyperdia.com
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
for train schedules you can use www.hyperdia.com
Is there a glitch in the results from this website? Sometimes the results show a transfer to the Keiyku line to travel between the HND terminals when departing from Hamamatsucho. Don't all monorail trips to HND terminated at the airport?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Is there a glitch in the results from this website? Sometimes the results show a transfer to the Keiyku line to travel between the HND terminals when departing from Hamamatsucho. Don't all monorail trips to HND terminated at the airport?
Dunno, I have never used hyperdia for that section of rail as I already know where to go
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by headinclouds
All monorail trains will end up at the airport (The stops are Haneda Int'l Terminal, sometimes a stop at Shin Seibijo, Domestic T1, Domestic T2). But, depending on the times and the stations that you input, Hyperdia might calculate that the transfer to Keikyu saves you a minute or two, since Keikyu goes from Int'l to Domestic in one stop (one station serves both domestic terminals).
You may find that the "glitch" disappears if you instruct Hyperdia to prioritize routes with the fewest transfers.

Or ... It might be a glitch.

In any case, don't bother changing from monorail to Keikyu for an interterminal hop at HND.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There are Friendly Airport LimoBuses that serve some but not all hotels (door to door) that are timed for the HND international terminal's late evening departures and arrivals.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I booked myself on the Airport Limousine from Haneda. They serve major hotels, and at $10.42 one way, the price is really good! I've taken Airport Limousines from Narita before, and the buses are clean.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:48 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
This timetable makes it appear that the last Airport Limosine bus from Haneda to the Grand Hyatt leaves at 2:15 in the afternoon. My sister will arrive on JL032 from BKK that lands at 6PM.

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/pla...4/59#timetable

If it is true that the Airport Limousine bus is not an option, is taxi the best option? Any idea roughly what that would cost?

Last edited by yosithezet; Sep 25, 2016 at 10:58 am Reason: Added URL
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by yosithezet
My sister will arrive on JL032 from BKK that lands at 6PM.
Taxi from Haneda to Grand Hyatt should cost 7,000 ~ 9,000 yen.

Depending on the amount of luggage, I would take the monorail to its terminus (Hamamatsucho) and get a taxi from there. Total cost (Monorail + taxi) should be under 2,500 yen.

(Or if I'm really feeling frugal, I'd get the subway from Hamamatsucho / Daimon to Roppongi).
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by yosithezet
This timetable makes it appear that the last Airport Limosine bus from Haneda to the Grand Hyatt leaves at 2:15 in the afternoon. ......
Official hotel website (like virtually all hotels in Japan) has a page for "access" outlining the various options

http://restaurants.tokyo.grand.hyatt.com/access.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.