Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our Third Visit to Japan; some facts which may be helpful to some

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap
Was it hot orange or hot yuzu http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuzu ?
LOVE yuzu cha. You can get jars of the Yuzu marmalade (mix a heaped tablespoon into a glass/cup of hot water) in Korean stores - Yuzu is Yuja in Korean. 꿀유자차

I guess barley tea is a bit of an acquired taste. I'm drawn to cold mugi cha in the summer. However, it's never a top choice of mine as a hot beverage.
Oh, it could have been yuzu - it reminded me of hot orange squash I used to drink in the UK when teaching riding (I wasn't a coffee drinker, and none of the yard girls could make a good cup of tea, so hot orange squash was all that stood between me and freezing in the depths of winter!) I guess you associate flavours with what you know, so it could well have been yuzu not orange, but it was very nice!
LapLap likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by jib71
Whereas different sized cans can be sold at the same price from the same machine. Pickles has a nice phrase to describe this inside-out and back-to-front world. (So nice, in fact, that I'm hoping he'll remind me of it).
When I first visited Japan in 2000, this was my single most confusing thing about the country. 14 years, two more trips and tons more knowledge about Japan later... and I'm no closer to the answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.