Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving Asia & want my own Narita Asahi Beer Machine

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: united
Leaving Asia & want my own Narita Asahi Beer Machine

Where can I buy an Asahi beer machine!!!

The great Asian roller coaster ride ends soon after 12 years of fun. One of the things I'll miss is the amazing Asahi beer machines in the RCC at Narita. Even if it's 10am I'll demonstrate its wonders to a companion. Retirement would be so much better if I had my own machine but I cannot figure out where to buy one.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by gmmiller
Where can I buy an Asahi beer machine!!!

The great Asian roller coaster ride ends soon after 12 years of fun. One of the things I'll miss is the amazing Asahi beer machines in the RCC at Narita. Even if it's 10am I'll demonstrate its wonders to a companion. Retirement would be so much better if I had my own machine but I cannot figure out where to buy one.
What country are you based in? If Japan, you can find them on Rakuten or Yahoo! Shopping.

By the way, this is the United Forum....
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:04 am
Original Poster

And I am a United flyer! Only see the machines at the United Lounges in Narita, though they might be other places.

Was in Tokyo for 5 years, China for the last 7. Am going to Tokyo Janurary 2015 so figured it was my big chance to score one. Thanks for the tips, I'll be checking them out.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Approach into NGO takes you just above Asahi Brewery. Might see if they have a retail operation there and easy taxi over. DL from Detroit or UA partner ANA via....
Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Do you mean the one that serves Cans? If so, they're on eBay. $139/129 plus $60 shipping
Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Where this discussion is more about a product which is made in Japan vs a true United issue (even tho the beer machine in question is located in the United Club at NRT), I'm going to move this thread over to the Japan forum

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I assume it's the fully automatic beer server. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCV9Ha0zCTU

They can also be found in ANA and JAL lounges, for instance.

Used ones going for ~100,000 yen on those sites mentioned above.

New ones you go to the kitchen supply wholesale stores at Kappabashi (Tokyo) or Sennichimae Doguyasuji (Osaka).
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
http://www.nittoku-inc.jp/products/d.../beer-dis.html
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:56 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
http://www.yosshiy.net/beer/hoshizaki.htm

http://www.g-mark.org/award/describe/31562#1
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone! For moving my post to a more appropriate forum Jeesh, I've been on flyer talk since 2006 & didn't realize there was a Japan forum. Gotta take off my blinders...

And especially thank you for the links & tips. I'll be staying a few nights in Asakusa this January & will hop over to Kappa Bashi to pick one up. Any wholesaler in particular I should visit?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:18 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bear in mind that Japanese electric current is 100v/50 or 60 cycles so make sure you don't just plug it in when you get it home.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIs9H0WFus
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Not just at airline lounges at NRT, but I see those beer machines at izakaya in Japan.

I do not know a lot about those beer machines, but I am guessing that it attaches to a keg of beer. It is possible that the keg attachments in your home country is different from the keg attachments in Japan.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
On a related note. I want one of those amazing singing seat-raising deodorizing warm air toilets that they have at the Peninsula. It always seemed so happy to see me!
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Those toilets are likely by TOTO, largest toilet maker in Japan. TOTO does business in the U.S. and you can buy it in the U.S.

TOTO toilet

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.