Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

some info on Wifi

Here are a couple of vids I found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkFH...2CPla02mOnKm_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssMr...2CPla02mOnKm_g
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
The useless "free wifi". Useless because it's so slow, even if the hotspot is in the middle of nowhere with no user in sight (such as near Matsushima on a winter weekday), and also it's 2nd tier service as indicated in the app that you use to locate the hotspots. "pretty thorough coverage " ... good luck finding your hotspot.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA, NW
There's a web page somewhere that tells you how to register for Starbucks' wi-fi network, but the catch is that you have to register from a different location.

I registered from my hotel, and now I can use wi-fi at Starbucks all over Japan. I tried to use the wi-fi supposedly available in Tokyo train stations, and I couldn't connect.

But really, I'm not such a compulsive phone/computer checker that I can't wait for either my hotel or a Starbucks.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:04 pm

There's free wifi on Tokyo buses now, it's easy to use, and it works well.

I always have to "forget" the connection when I'm done though; otherwise my phone tries to connect every time I'm outside and near a bus.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by lobsterdog
There's free wifi on Tokyo buses now, it's easy to use, and it works well.

I always have to "forget" the connection when I'm done though; otherwise my phone tries to connect every time I'm outside and near a bus.
Indeed this is terribly annoying!

First world problems...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.