Prefectural Stores in Tokyo/Japan

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:20 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Original Poster
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Prefectural Stores in Tokyo/Japan

Hi minna-san,

I am a big (vast?) fan of the presence of prefectural/regional stores in Japan, specifically in Tokyo, that showcase the famous goods/most well-known delicacies that those areas have to offer. Ginza has a few (most prominently, where Kyoto has its branch), Omotesando has at least one (Fukui, I reckon), and there are Hokkaido outlets in a few districts (by Yaesuguchi and Asakusa). The only Okinawa one I recall was in Nagoya, close to the
ミッドランドスクエア Dean & Deluca (oops; that might've been a Lawson "limited time" Okinawa fare, so the actual store may be in Ameyoko, Tokyo?).

In any case, would any of you FTers know where I can find a list of all of the prefectural stores in Tokyo, or even all of Japan? They are one of my many highlights while visiting the country, not to mention often have free samples.

Minna san ni kansha shite,
BuildingMyBento
Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:18 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Hi minna-san,

I am a big (vast?) fan of the presence of prefectural/regional stores in Japan, specifically in Tokyo, that showcase the famous goods/most well-known delicacies that those areas have to offer. Ginza has a few (most prominently, where Kyoto has its branch), Omotesando has at least one (Fukui, I reckon), and there are Hokkaido outlets in a few districts (by Yaesuguchi and Asakusa). The only Okinawa one I recall was in Nagoya, close to the
ミッドランドスクエア Dean & Deluca (oops; that might've been a Lawson "limited time" Okinawa fare, so the actual store may be in Ameyoko, Tokyo?).

In any case, would any of you FTers know where I can find a list of all of the prefectural stores in Tokyo, or even all of Japan? They are one of my many highlights while visiting the country, not to mention often have free samples.

Minna san ni kansha shite,
BuildingMyBento
http://antenashop.enjoytokyo.jp/list/
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks a 束 , mjm!

I had no idea Kochi had that many (more than one) antenna shops in Tokyo.

Now to find a similar link for Oosaka...or are they much less common in Big Slope than in East Capital?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:02 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Thanks a 束 , mjm!

I had no idea Kochi had that many (more than one) antenna shops in Tokyo.

Now to find a similar link for Oosaka...or are they much less common in Big Slope than in East Capital?
http://www.ohrai.jp/gt/antena/gai.html#block_top5
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:08 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are a bunch of tiny prefectural shops (more like big tables) above the tourist center om the basement of the Tokyo city govt bldg, on the first floor.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks mjm and RichardInSF!

And I'll add for those who are interested, sometimes department stores, on their upper floors, have prefectural exhibits showcasing that area's 名物 (meibutsu), specialties-Food is almost always included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.