Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Decent Nap Around HND?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Decent Nap Around HND?

Are there any decent internet cafes (like popeyes, or other big ones) or other places close to HND that I can get a few hours sleep before a 6am flight? I have 3 of these overnights to make over the next few weeks (and 2 in NRT, so suggestions for there as well)

Last time I stayed in Yokohama (1700 for 8 hours I believe, for the medium size box), but I know there must be closer ones.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
I have no idea if this is "decent" - It's 1500 yen to stay from 10pm to 8am. It's one minute walk from Keikyu Kamata station and it takes reservations. From the owner's message, it looks like the store caters to quite a few Haneda passengers:
http://www.mangaland.co.jp/store.html?storeid=38

By Kamata Station (JR) there are several other manga cafes, including a couple of Manbo places. You can get there on foot from Keikyu Kamata and there's a bus to the airport from around there too.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jib71

By Kamata Station (JR) there are several other manga cafes, including a couple of Manbo places. You can get there on foot from Keikyu Kamata and there's a bus to the airport from around there too.
I've seen a few reports saying that the Kamata area draws a lot of people without permanent addresses as the cybercafes are slightly cheaper than the city counterparts. And that was before Haneda went international.
The link jib71 posted is the better location as Keikyu Kamata is much more convenient than the JR Kamata station. But here's another example if you end up having to look around further than the Keikyu served Eastern part of Kamata.
http://www.bagus-99.com/netcafe/store/kamata.html

And don't forget to look at the end of the Tokyo Onsen thread for details of urban hotsprings open late. They're generally under 500yen and a perfect way to freshen up, relax and dispel any lingering cyber-cafe aromas pre-flight
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17924427-post27.html

Not appropriate for the OP but should anybody have spent the night in a cyber-cafe and have a later flight that would allow it there's a public bath with a hot spring at a convenient distance from Haneda - it's about a ten minute walk from Kojiya station on the Keikyu line (you can also walk there from Keikyu Kamata station if you wanted to). The bath house is unusual for having a 6am opening time as most open in the afternoon.
Here's the web link (in English) with maps, opening times and more details.
Sachino yu

Last edited by LapLap; Feb 4, 2012 at 2:42 pm
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:46 am
Original Poster

The 5 hour-1000Y packages in those look like they'd serve the purpose just fine. I'd be heading back to HND around 5 to hit the lounge for a shower.^
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
a perfect way to freshen up, relax and dispel any lingering cyber-cafe aromas pre-flight
Oh dear - yuck.
The one I linked to has a bathroom to wash in (additional fee).
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:49 am

May I ask - What are you doing that requires you to overnight at HND frequently but doesn't cover the cost of a hotel? Is there a mileage run opportunity?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh dear - yuck.
The one I linked to has a bathroom to wash in (additional fee).
I'm afraid I had to remove my Sachinoyu suggestion. I'd forgotten the OP's 6am flight time. The same time this establishment opens.
Mine wasn't a helpful comment.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
I'm afraid I had to remove my Sachinoyu suggestion. I'd forgotten the OP's 6am flight time.
It might be helpful to someone else - perhaps you should throw it back in with the opening time.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Check the sleeping in airports website.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Check the sleeping in airports website.
I dont want to actually sleep IN HND, as I will be spending all day in Tokyo, I just wanted somewhere to shut my eyes for a few hours before heading back to HND the following morning.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
And there's a Keikyu bus which leaves kamata Station at 04:30 and arrives at HND International Terminal at 04:50.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It might be helpful to someone else - perhaps you should throw it back in with the opening time.
Done.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
And there's a Keikyu bus which leaves kamata Station at 04:30 and arrives at HND International Terminal at 04:50.
How much is that?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:21 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SirJman
How much is that?
The fare is 540 yen (double the usual fare) and it leaves from bus stop no.4 (日ノ出通り経由4番) outside the East entrance of Kamata station.

http://www.keikyu-bus.co.jp/noriba/k...limousine.html
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The fare is 540 yen (double the usual fare) and it leaves from bus stop no.4 (日ノ出通り経由4番) outside the East entrance of Kamata station.

http://www.keikyu-bus.co.jp/noriba/k...limousine.html
Any reason for the double fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.