Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Need a nap at HND? Capsule Hotel now open

Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:13 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flozano
Please accept my apologies for resurrecting this thread if it's not appropriate.

I will be departing from Haneda International Terminal at 06:25am (BA) so I need somewhere to sleep, close to the area.

I have booked this First Capsule, as it seems really convenient, but it seems to be in Terminal 1, so I will need a way of transport around 4:30am to get to International Terminal. Public transport seems to start at late 5am, which would be dangerous.

What are my options? Could the front-desk of the First Capsule book a taxi? Is there any other way?
(Never been in a 'capsule-hotel' so I don't know what services do they provide).
Their Japanese website has a note that the front-desk will call a taxi 24 hrs a day on request.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by flozano
I have booked this First Capsule, as it seems really convenient, but it seems to be in Terminal 1, so I will need a way of transport around 4:30am to get to International Terminal. Public transport seems to start at late 5am, which would be dangerous.
I think I'd take the shuttle bus. The service starts at 5:00am and it takes only a few minutes to reach the international terminal:
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/e...s/portbus.html
Old Oct 30, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Their Japanese website has a note that the front-desk will call a taxi 24 hrs a day on request.
Thanks a lot ^^^ it's exactly what I needed. They should add that info to the English website too

As for taking the bus... I already have experiences missing flights back to Europe from Japan... so I think booking a taxi may be an acceptable expense.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:38 pm

IIRC the first shuttle bus is at 4:30am. So you should be okay. There is a sign in English at the front desk explaining the shuttle bus times. I seem to remember it starting at 4:30am because the front desk suggested I take that one, and I said no thanks, I'll take the 5:00! The front desk will definitely help you out.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Haneda is like flying from LCY to provide a UK comparison. BA closes check-in 40 minutes before departure. http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_jp

So there is no need to take a bus before 5 am.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 3:11 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by gnaget
So there is no need to take a bus before 5 am.
My late grandfather tried to inspire me to greater self confidence with Roosevelt's axiom that "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself". However, I disappointed him with my observation that fear was indeed a fearful thing and I should like to avoid the need to face it down.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
Thanks for all answers, I'll check with front-desk.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:15 am

looks good .
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
After Hours Access?

I'm going to be trying this for the first time next week. Have a late arrival into HND (international) and while they have some basic directions about how to access the place after hours, I'm curious if anyone has any additional hints/tips/guidance?

This is what they provided on the confirmation email:

※Domestic Terminal 1 is closed after 23:30.
For check-in after closing, you should come to the service entrance only for night around the Keikyu Bus stop No.8.
When you call us with the intercom, we'll take you to our hotel.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:47 am

The terminal definitely closes - I arrived there before it did, checked into First Cabin, and wandered around a bit as things were closing down. If you can't make it to the terminal by 23:30, catch a cab from wherever you do arrive (you might be able to catch a shuttle or train depending on timing) to over to the terminal. The Keikyu Kyuko Bus is also known as the Haneda Airport Express, you can just ask the cab driver to drop you at stop number eight. They should have no problem with it. In fact, if you want, you can say "first cabin" and they will probably know exactly where to take you; it's a fairly popular service.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:03 am

I'll be staying there next month actually. My flight lands at HND at 10:15. I have no idea how long it'll take to get through customs & collect baggage. Hopefully I can make it over there before it closes. Is it easy to find? I've never been to Asia before.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:41 pm

Has anyone stayed here yet? Any reports?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist

I just spent the night there. It was good. I arrived late but was still able to get into the terminal. I think they were in the process of closing down. It's easy to find and check in was painless. Glad I opted for the larger room as I would otherwise have to climb into bed with no space for luggage. Probably not good for light sleepers as people do walk around and men do snore. :-)
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear
I just spent the night there. It was good. I arrived late but was still able to get into the terminal. I think they were in the process of closing down. It's easy to find and check in was painless. Glad I opted for the larger room as I would otherwise have to climb into bed with no space for luggage. Probably not good for light sleepers as people do walk around and men do snore. :-)
They held my suitcase at the desk, but my backpack did end up half on the foot of my bed, half on the side cabinet, when I was in the smaller cabin. It wasn't too bad though, it is far bigger than your usual capsule hotel downtown!
Old Mar 17, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
I stayed there for a two hour nap after arriving at 0630 from Singapore.

Slept for two hours, 0730-0930. Much of the First Class area was emptying out when I arrived and there were three guests left when I left. The mattresses were very firm and I slept very soundly.

If I wasn't so knackered, I would have taken a shower as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.