Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Selecting seats JAL flight Finnair codeshare I fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:26 am
Original Poster

As per title, I just booked a Finnair I (Business Saver) fare YYZ-NRT via ORD and HEL, with the HEL-NRT legs through a JAL codeshare, and was able to choose seats to all flights but the two JAL operated ones.

Is it possible to select seats in advance at all for the JAL operated flights, and if so, how to do so online, or would I need to contact JAL (or Finnair) via phone?

Thanks in advance! And was not too sure whether this forum or Finnair's would be most appropriate, my guess was JAL's as it is the operating carrier but apologies if that turned out to be wrong.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:31 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
It's AY's responsibility to assign seats on AY coded flight. Call AY and have its agent help you on that.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Did that today, and AY's customer service was able to indeed book a window seat for me on both legs to/from NRT. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.