Search

Bose QC25 and SKY SUITE headphone jack

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:57 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Bose QC25 and SKY SUITE headphone jack

Has anyone tried using Bose QC25 (or QC3 which has the same airplane adapter design) with JAL SKY SUITE on SS7 and JAL SKY SUITE II on SS6? No matter how I plug it in, there's still a gap between the adapter and the headphone jack as shown in the pic below. And I have tried multiple seats as well.

https://twitter.com/JALPak/status/525504114919079936

The old QC15 adapter fits perfectly when plugged into the same headphone jack. Bose said the QC25 adapter design is the same as QC3 and they were not aware of this issue. So it is most likely the seat itself
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have not tried with Bose, but I have had no problems with a generic adapter or a Sony adapter on SS6.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Oct 24, 2014 at 4:59 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have not tried with Bose, but I have had no problems with a generic adapter or a Sony adapter on SS6.
Well the old QC15 adaptor works perfectly fine. It's just the new one giving me problem. But Bose claims they are using standard plug. The difference is obvious if you have both with you. The sound is much louder with the old adapter.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
Well the old QC15 adaptor works perfectly fine. It's just the new one giving me problem. But Bose claims they are using standard plug. The difference is obvious if you have both with you. The sound is much louder with the old adapter.
Unless a new standard, of which Bose is the very early adopter, has appeared I would say Bose are the ones with the issue here.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Unless a new standard, of which Bose is the very early adopter, has appeared I would say Bose are the ones with the issue here.
But they claim QC3 has the same plug and they got no complaints. Well I will try this on yet another seat type soon although still on JAL
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Tried this on SKY SHELL and Class J seats. My old QC15 plug doesn't fit perfectly in Class J seats as well but sound quality wasn't affected. Looks like either my QC25 adaptor is defective or the new adaptor design lowers the volume by a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.