Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nyc-hnd 2013

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Nyc-hnd 2013

hey guys, i posted over on milesbuzz about an end of april 2013 trip to japan from nyc. haven't been able to find any award availability on JAL through award nexus or BA, but would love to experience their premium cabins. are these redemptions time based or just that difficult to find?

also, i need to fly into HND because i need to get to kumamoto (KMJ) eventually. BA did show availability for HND-KMJ route, but I could not book online. is calling necessary for all JAL redemptions through BA?

thanks for the help in advance!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:45 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
JAL does not operate JFK-HND. They only have JFK-NRT. The only North America cities with HND service are HNL and SFO.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
JAL does not operate JFK-HND. They only have JFK-NRT. The only North America cities with HND service are HNL and SFO.
That's true for award tickets, I suppose. There is a JL code-share JFK-HND on AA metal, for paid tickets, of course. Just for the record. :-:
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by GaryD
That's true for award tickets, I suppose. There is a JL code-share JFK-HND on AA metal, for paid tickets, of course. Just for the record. :-:
That's why I said operate
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:33 pm

By the way, if you redeem for JFK-SFO-HND through BA, the miles required might increase a bit. If it's on the same ticket, I believe you will have to redeem for a multi-partner awards. BA folks probably have more knowledge on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.