Search

One-way Domestic Award from June 1 2011

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:15 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
One-way Domestic Award from June 1 2011

You will be able to fly one-way domestic award will less miles from June 1 2011. Reservation starts from April 1 2011. For more details, you can refer to JAL website in English below.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/jal/dom/katamichi/

The mileage chart (http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/jal/dom/miles.html) actually has a typo. The miles listed in brackets are one-way award, not roundtrip ones...(well no way roundtrip costs less than one-way right )

PS: If I recall correctly, before this, there's no one-way domestic awards right?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:26 am
Original Poster

By the way, JAL has the English version released on the same date as the Japanese one! Good job! ^^^ At least people who don't know Japanese can refer to the English version and not rely on google translate (Although there are still typos in the English version )
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:56 am
Original Poster

If you read the remarks, it actually confirms the one-way domestic award is something new. One-way domestic award before June 1 requires full roundtrip deduction. So it's possible that JAL might extend this to international award (just speculation)

But do you guys find ow award useful in general?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH FT, Accor Plat
I once thought about using a one way award for a domestic flight (from Tokyo to Kyushu - on the way to tokyo I was going to stop in Nagoya for something, so get the train up) but when I saw I would use round trip miles I didn’t bother.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by britishchris
I once thought about using a one way award for a domestic flight (from Tokyo to Kyushu - on the way to tokyo I was going to stop in Nagoya for something, so get the train up) but when I saw I would use round trip miles I didn’t bother.
Now you can for travel on or after June 1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.