Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help - Women's Plus Sizes in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Help - Women's Plus Sizes in Rome

We embarked yesterday on our way to Cyprus on the YYZ-LCA trip, but my partner's luggage has been lost by United on the way to YYZ. We flew in to YYZ last night but her suitcase has not followed her and they have not been able to locate it as of this morning. We must leave for Rome this evening and she is facing a week-long trip with the possibility of no clothes other than what she was wearing to YYZ. In case her luggage does not show up, we would like to buy her at least a new set of underwear and hopefully a few shirts, pants, and a pair of warm shoes to replace the ones that were lost. She is plus-sized, so we would like to know if anyone here knows any stores in Rome that carry plus sizes for women.

We will be in Rome only until Tuesday morning, then on to Cyprus, so if you know of places in Cyprus, we'd appreciate hearing about that as well. Thanks very much!
Old Nov 18, 2006, 5:23 am

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
You may have already found this in your own search, but I checked Google and saw this:

www.elenamiro.com

Elena Miro
Via Nazionale 197
00100 Roma

Evidently a woman in your friend's predicament stumbled across this shop during a frantic lost-luggage episode in Rome. Her story is here:

http://www.plussizeliving.com/articl...3&filter=topic

I've never been to this shop, and I'm not sure if the styles are what your friend needs, but it's a start.

Best of luck and enjoy your trip.

Last edited by youreadyfreddie; Nov 18, 2006 at 5:28 am
Old Nov 18, 2006, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. ask the airline people at fco

2. ask the concerige at your hotel.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I can sympathize with her predicament - I just returned today from a 9-day Italy tour and one of my passengers' luggage was lost and never arrived at all. By the time she left Italy, they still hadn't tracked it down.

Elena Miro is your best bet. They make moderately-priced clothes, a little on the conservative side, but she'll find the basics. I don't recall ever seeing underwear there, though. For underwear, she could try the department stores, like La Rinascente or Coin.

The other plus-size option, but much more expensive, is Marina Rinaldi, which is the plus-size line of MaxMara (there are outlets, but not in the cities). In Rome, you can find Marina Rinaldi at Largo Goldoni 43 or Via Borgognona 6. Beautiful clothes, but pricey.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Success

Thanks so much to everyone for the suggestions. We went to Coin first and bought a bra, panties, and socks. The next day we went to one of the Elena Miro stores and got jeans, shirts, a sweater, boots, and a jacket to replace some of what had been in my partner's missing luggage.

We really liked the Elena Miro clothing and one of the clerks there was very helpful. She spoke a little English and was able to figure out the size equivalents when my partner told her the U.S. sizes. The rest was communicated with lots of gestures and facial expressions, but it seemed to work. The clerk was very friendly and spent lots of time with my partner to help her find some clothing that would work on the rest of the trip. Overall, we liked the clothing we saw and what we bought fits my partner well and looks nice on her. As was pointed out in an earlier post, Elena Miro does not sell underwear.

In any case, I would definitely recommend both stores to anyone who is in a similar predicament.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.