Search

Cheese Tasting in Sicily

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MillionMiler, BA ExecutiveClub, UA MileagePlus, AS MileagePlan
Cheese Tasting in Sicily

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a cheese tasting tour in Sicily, near Ragusa, Catania or Taormina?

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:34 pm

I'm no expert, but here's an option near Ragusa. It's an agriturismo, not a tour, but they do cheese tastings of their products:

http://www.agriturismodeglialtopiani.it/index.php

Something similar in Palermo. They call it a tour, but it sounds like a cheese and wine tasting at a single destination:

https://www.getyourguide.it/palermo-...maggio-t26969/
Old Aug 7, 2016, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by AAMillionaire
Hello all,

Does anyone know of a cheese tasting tour in Sicily, near Ragusa, Catania or Taormina?

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Thanks
Is there something special or unique about Sicilian cheesemaking? Honest question. I've been going to Sicily for years and years but have never heard mention of it being noted for cheese. If so, I will scope it out the next time I'm there.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Is there something special or unique about Sicilian cheesemaking? Honest question. I've been going to Sicily for years and years but have never heard mention of it being noted for cheese. If so, It will scope it out the next time I'm there.
I was there in May and went to a farm where they made ricotta. It was absolutely delicious.

I'm going in September/October and have been looking at things to do. Cheese made it to the top of the list because I've read that some great and unique cheeses are made in Sicily.

Last edited by AAMillionaire; Aug 7, 2016 at 8:36 pm
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:27 am
Original Poster

PWMTrav: Thanks for the links.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:11 am

There's great and unique cheese made everywhere. If you happen to like cheese a lot, it's one item you can probably include on any of your trips. Kind of line wine or beer. Glad I could help you find cheese in Sicily!
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Yes, there are great cheeses made in many places, but I'll be in Sicily! And I do love cheese!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.