Wiki Posts
Search

Milano Centrale to FCO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Milano Centrale to FCO

I'm leaving from FCO on QR at 17:55 in November, I'm thinking of spending the night in Milan instead of rushing back to Rome the night before. I want to know how much time do I have to give myself to go from Milan to FCO?

Have a restricted ticket, can't change it to MXP without paying a lot.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
The Freccia trains from Milan to Rome take about 3:20, so leaving Stazione Centrale at 12:20 gets you to Termini at 15:40. I do not fly out of Rome much so I am not sure if that gives you enough time to get to Termini and check in etc. There is another train at 11:20 that gets you in at 14:40 that I would imagine would make for leisurely travel.

Of course you could fly from Linate and probably save some time.(nonstop around 1:10), arriving at FCO directly. If you can find a reasonably priced flight that's probably a better solution, though the train dominates if you are traveling to the city.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AZ CFA
Both solutions are fine: if you get a high speed train from Milan to Rome (check on www.trenitalia.com) you can get to FCO in a couple of ways:
- the Leonardo Express, a non-stop service between Roma Termini (check if your high speed train stops there) and FCO (tailored on tourists, it takes some 30 minutes, however f***ing overpriced);
- the Regional train (FR1) from Roma Tiburtina Station (if your high speed train calls there) to FCO (much cheaper, but you need to be smart with "Roman/Italian style").

Giving the fact that you have lots of time ahead of your trip I would also check for a LIN-FCO with AZ in the late morning and go for the latter unless price difference is too high.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Thanks! I'm considering LIN-FCO since QR just moved my flight from 17:55 to 16:00....Maybe flying would be the fastest and most convenient way of doing it...or I might just skip Milan altogether.

Originally Posted by I.CRIS
Both solutions are fine: if you get a high speed train from Milan to Rome (check on www.trenitalia.com) you can get to FCO in a couple of ways:
- the Leonardo Express, a non-stop service between Roma Termini (check if your high speed train stops there) and FCO (tailored on tourists, it takes some 30 minutes, however f***ing overpriced);
- the Regional train (FR1) from Roma Tiburtina Station (if your high speed train calls there) to FCO (much cheaper, but you need to be smart with "Roman/Italian style").

Giving the fact that you have lots of time ahead of your trip I would also check for a LIN-FCO with AZ in the late morning and go for the latter unless price difference is too high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.