Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lake Garda - activities

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Lake Garda - activities

I am going to be in Verona for 2 days and am looking for activities around Lake Garda. The best scenario would be a 3-5 hour scenic hike or something like that. I've found a few guides that can take us but it's hard to tell how legit they are from the websites.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the guides in the area? Without a car is it possible to do some light self-guided hiking? Where are the best places around the lake to visit?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by TravelsaurusRex
I am going to be in Verona for 2 days and am looking for activities around Lake Garda. The best scenario would be a 3-5 hour scenic hike or something like that. I've found a few guides that can take us but it's hard to tell how legit they are from the websites.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the guides in the area? Without a car is it possible to do some light self-guided hiking? Where are the best places around the lake to visit?
Yes, you can do it without a guide. What to do is hard to say, not knowing how much time you have, or what form of transportation you plan to use to get there. It's also very cold there for a good part of the year and you don't mention when you are going.

If you are going in the summer there is a town called Riva di Garda. If you ever saw the James Bond movie Quantum of Solace, where he was speeding along Lake Garda with a guy in the trunk as the movie opens, Riva is directly above that scene.

Sentiero del Ponale, also called Strada del Ponale, leaves from Riva di Garda, and it is one of the most famous and beautiful walks of all of the big three northern lakes. You don't need a guide. If you go to Riva di Garda, just ask someone to point you to Sentiero del Ponale and go.
http://www.tr3ntino.it/it/sport-e-te...ro-del-ponale/

Also, there is a book called Walking the Italian Lakes by by Gillian Price. It might save you a lot of problems.

Last edited by Perche; Jan 30, 2016 at 8:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.