Wiki Posts
Search

Quiet Summer 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Quiet Summer 2015

Not to scare people about eating in Italy, but the results of a nationwide investigation by Italy's Ministry of Health concerning italian food was released yesterday. It supports what has been said on this Forum many times; do your research about where you eat in Italy. It's not good food just because you are eating in Italy.

The investigation was called Estate Tranquilla 2015 (Quiet Summer 2015). NAS, the health police, did 810 unannounced random investigations across the entire country of restaurants that mainly serve food to tourists. They found that 37% had food safety violations (selling rotted food, food kept in unsanitary conditions, food kept in poor refrigeration or in dirty areas, or fraud, meaning mislabeling a food or a wine to indicate that it was something that it was not, or was from a certain region, but it was not). They inspected 600 resorts, beach hotels, tourist villages and campsites, and found health code violations in 45% of them.

Twenty places were shut down, 225 people were reported to the courts for sanctions, and hundreds of thousands of euros in fines were issued. The Italian Health Minister said the following:

"Questi interventi - dichiara il ministro della salute Beatrice Lorenzin - sono stati programmati per fronteggiare chi mette in pericolo la salute delle persone e anche il Made in Italy. I turisti, italiani o stranieri, nel nostro Paese si aspettano il meglio, sulle tavole le nostre eccellenze, nei preparati acquistati prodotti di qualitą conservati secondo la grande maestria italiana. Abbiamo norme severe e controlli che funzionano. Dobbiamo fare sempre di pił per tutelare migliaia di produttori scrupolosi che investono fatica e risorse. L'offerta italiana di prodotti e servizi - conclude la Lorenzin - non deve avere ombre e per questo ringrazio ancora una volta i Carabinieri del Nas per il lavoro svolto".

"These interventions - said Health Minister Beatrice Lorenzin - were designed to confront those who put peoples' health in danger, and who endanger the value of what it means to say "Made in Italy." Tourists, whether they are Italian or foreign, expect the best on our tables, and in the preparation of our quality products in accordance with our great Italian mastery. We have severe rules and controls that work. We need to do more to protect the thousands of honest manufacturers who invest their efforts and resources. The offer of Italian products and services - concluded Lorenzin - should not have a shadow over them, and once again I thank NAS (food sanitary police section of the Carabinieri) for their work. "

It's wise to do your homework before you choose a restaurant in Italy, and to use reliable sources of information.
http://www.askanews.it/regioni/estat..._711585023.htm
http://www.salute.gov.it/portale/new...stampa&id=4623

Last edited by Perche; Aug 22, 2015 at 8:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.