Wiki Posts
Search

Imagio Artis Travel Vatican Tour

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Imagio Artis Travel Vatican Tour

I'm a long time lurker and infrequent poster, but I have a question. Mr. channonc and I are headed to Rome from December 26 - January 1. We will be meeting up with my in-laws including my SIL and BIL. All are healthy adults able to walk. I should also mention that this is both my MIL and SIL first time overseas and my FIL's first time overseas for vacation (he does not do tourist things on the few times ever he has been to Europe). This is the first time in Rome for all of us, however I am the only one who has been to Italy.

All that to say, we would like to do a Vatican tour and are looking into figuring out which one we should do. I have read several suggestions on Dark Rome tours and it is one that is on our list for consideration. However, I was able to schedule a scavi tour on December 28th at 11:30am. I would love to be able to also do our Vatican tour that same day. After doing some research I found the Imagio Artis Travel tours that actually start at 3:30pm, but searching for anyone with some experience with them or has heard anything about them. The only reviews I could find are on TA and I don't like relying just on that as my only resource.

Also, other suggestions for tours are welcome. I would prefer not to have to split our Vatican time up over multiple days, but am willing to do that if it means having that much better of a tour.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by channonc; Aug 19, 2015 at 1:43 pm Reason: Add in link.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:35 am

Imago Artis

Originally Posted by channonc
I'm a long time lurker and infrequent poster, but I have a question. Mr. channonc and I are headed to Rome from December 26 - January 1. We will be meeting up with my in-laws including my SIL and BIL. All are healthy adults able to walk. I should also mention that this is both my MIL and SIL first time overseas and my FIL's first time overseas for vacation (he does not do tourist things on the few times ever he has been to Europe). This is the first time in Rome for all of us, however I am the only one who has been to Italy.

All that to say, we would like to do a Vatican tour and are looking into figuring out which one we should do. I have read several suggestions on Dark Rome tours and it is one that is on our list for consideration. However, I was able to schedule a scavi tour on December 28th at 11:30am. I would love to be able to also do our Vatican tour that same day. After doing some research I found the Imagio Artis Travel tours that actually start at 3:30pm, but searching for anyone with some experience with them or has heard anything about them. The only reviews I could find are on TA and I don't like relying just on that as my only resource.

Also, other suggestions for tours are welcome. I would prefer not to have to split our Vatican time up over multiple days, but am willing to do that if it means having that much better of a tour.

Thanks in advance!

I had the pleasure of touring with Imago Artis earlier in August, and I have to say it was the greatest tour I've ever been on. I've done tours before and it always felt like a lecture, but Imago Artis makes it personal. My tour guide, Fulvio, knew more about the Vatican and all of Rome then any textbook I've ever read. If you do make the trip to Rome, use Imago Artis. If you don't, you're not doing yourself justice. There's just no other way to see that city.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by ncarroll60
I had the pleasure of touring with Imago Artis earlier in August, and I have to say it was the greatest tour I've ever been on. I've done tours before and it always felt like a lecture, but Imago Artis makes it personal. My tour guide, Fulvio, knew more about the Vatican and all of Rome then any textbook I've ever read. If you do make the trip to Rome, use Imago Artis. If you don't, you're not doing yourself justice. There's just no other way to see that city.
Thanks so much for the response. This is very helpful.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by channonc
Thanks so much for the response. This is very helpful.

Before you take this person's recommendation. Please consider that they joined in Aug 2015 and this was their first post. It is possible that they were lurking before registering.

With 6? in your group. You could also do a private tour.
I have used The Roman Guy, Walks of Italy and Context Travel all with very good results
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:55 am
EMB

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Gold
I have a great guide in Rome who I have used. Several of my coworkers and friends have also used her. She charges 50 euros an hour with a 3 hour minimum.
With a private guide you could arrange to meet her anytime you want.
I just came back from Rome and did the Scavi tour for the 2nd time. It is really worth it. But the tour is pretty much the full 90 minutes.
After you come out in the Basilica, it is very easy to get the elevator up to the area outside the dome.
After the morning Scavi tour, we did an afternoon tour with Context. Small group (5 of us) but it did last 5 hours.
If you want more info on the private guide, send me a private message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.