Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Venice hotel tax

Venice hotel tax

Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN or DL; Hyatt or Wyndham
Venice hotel tax

Booked at the Hotel San Gallo via hotels.com, 2 nights, 2 adults and 2 teens, one room.

Fine print says, "A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age." and "The hotel will ask you to pay a local tax of 28,00 Euro when you check in or check out."

So is this a one-time fee per room? 28 extra Euro is fine.

Is it per room, per night? 56 extra Euro is not ideal, but ok.

Is it per person, per stay? 112 Euro is getting more than I want to add on.

It is per person, per night? 224 Euro, no way. I will cancel.

Does anyone know how the Venice hotel tax works?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
Booked at the Hotel San Gallo via hotels.com, 2 nights, 2 adults and 2 teens, one room.

Fine print says, "A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age." and "The hotel will ask you to pay a local tax of 28,00 Euro when you check in or check out."

So is this a one-time fee per room? 28 extra Euro is fine.

Is it per room, per night? 56 extra Euro is not ideal, but ok.

Is it per person, per stay? 112 Euro is getting more than I want to add on.

It is per person, per night? 224 Euro, no way. I will cancel.
Does anyone know how the Venice hotel tax works?
The rates were changed last October. They were dependent on high or low season, and the number of stars. Low season is now reduced to only January. The other 11 months are now high season. They raised the rates of 3 and 4 stars. I think you are in a 3 star, and I think that is 3.5 euros per night for an adult. Half that for 10-15 year old, free for under ten. So if your two teens are 18 you would be paying 14E per night for two nights = 28 Euros.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.