Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Fire in Rome FCO / Fiumicino airport terminal 3 (06 May 2015)

Fire in Rome FCO / Fiumicino airport terminal 3 (06 May 2015)

Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:03 am

Thank you all so much for the updates and rove312 thank you for the suggestion of looking at the flights status the last few days. Good point. We will also be sure to get there early for our flight when we leave out.

We are going into Rome and wanted to buy the Roma Pass at the airport but sounds too chaotic there already and their counter was at T3 so I will just wait till we get into the city to do that.

On our way out we are flying to a Schengen country so maybe they will process us through a different terminal than T5 *fingers crossed
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rove312
Since this was apparently for today, June 23, Alitalia flight status indicates that for the flights on those routes up to the current mid-afternoon time the delays aren't more than a few minutes.
Was shocked how easy the connection was thanks for those who replied.

Arrived at B4 and departed B11... the fire did some damage for sure (caught a glimpse at takeoff)
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:27 am

Great news! The plane is full so fingers crossed. Thank you all
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:10 pm

Story in Italian: They plan to reopen concourse D at 11.59 p.m. Saturday, July 18, and have the airport 100% operational.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rove312
Story in Italian: They plan to reopen concourse D at 11.59 p.m. Saturday, July 18, and have the airport 100% operational.
Glad to hear that ^
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Any experiences post "fully reopening"?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Not personally, but according to multiple news sources it is going very well, 100% operative, over 150,000 passengers. Click on the upper right hand, "avanti" in the second link if you want to see for yourself.

http://m.repubblica.it/mobile/r/repu.../207516/206617

http://m.repubblica.it/mobile/r/loca...nata-119405307

Last edited by Perche; Jul 20, 2015 at 6:38 pm
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
What's the process now when connecting on a flight from the US to a domestic AZ flight?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:07 pm

AZ is going on a 24 hour pilot and FA strike starting midnight tonight. 15% of flights already canceled.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
What's the process now when connecting on a flight from the US to a domestic AZ flight?
There is a shuttle bus available for the transfer. I just hope your flight is not tomorrow because of the 24 hour strike.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
We flew into Rome a couple weeks ago on a Delta flight. Our plane was parked far from the terminal and we were bussed to it.
It is a delay, so plan on that if you are connecting. We weren't. Immigration control and customs did not seem to be impacted.
The terminal still had a strong odor and the employees were all still wearing masks.
Other than that, it did not seem to have much of an impact.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Priority Pass still doesn't list any T3 Schengen lounges. None operational? Anyone know when they plan to reopen?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
We flew into Rome a couple weeks ago on a Delta flight. Our plane was parked far from the terminal and we were bussed to it.
It is a delay, so plan on that if you are connecting. We weren't. Immigration control and customs did not seem to be impacted.
The terminal still had a strong odor and the employees were all still wearing masks.
Other than that, it did not seem to have much of an impact.
Remote stands and busses to the terminal are standard operating procedure at FCO. Maybe there's more of that happening due to fire damage, but it's absolutely normal to land and board a bus to the terminal.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
^
Originally Posted by tsastor
Priority Pass still doesn't list any T3 Schengen lounges. None operational? Anyone know when they plan to reopen?
To answer my own question, the Avia lounge has reopened (and is definitely nothing to write home about).
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:50 am

I didn't want to start a new thread, but hoping anyone with recent experience can weigh in.

I'm considering flying the AA FCO-PHL flight at 11:35AM. How early do I need to be at the airport these days? Would arriving by train at 9:52 cut it, ignoring the potential for train delays? Or is ~1:45 not enough? I realize the train is a huge wildcard given that it departs from Venice earlier that morning, but let's ignore that part for now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.