Search

Something to do between Milan and the Riviera

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2015, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Diamond
Something to do between Milan and the Riviera

Hi,

Me and my family are flying to MXP, and driving to a hotel in Laigueglia (on the riviera) for just over a week in July. We do arrive the day before our hotel booking, and depart again from MXP the day after we leave Laigueglia.

We are thinking about maybe finding some intermediate stop (if not just go with an airport hotel, probably the Sheraton) where it would be easy and convenient to stop and stay a night, as a family.

Any advice and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
FC.
Old May 5, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Wine country is not too far out of your way. Alba? Dogliani? … or somewhere like Mondovì?
Old May 5, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I agree with Up in the Air. You can spend a full day driving the Alba/Barolo backroads.
I'd also suggest Torino aka Turin. We spent 4 days and 3 nights there last fall.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Go to Portofino along the coast near Genoa. It's gorgeous. At least on summer weekends, car traffic onto the peninsula is very limited, but if you can show a hotel reservation, just drive up and they will let you through.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:27 am

Any younger kids when you say family? Genova has a nice aquarium.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Go to Portofino along the coast near Genoa. It's gorgeous. At least on summer weekends, car traffic onto the peninsula is very limited, but if you can show a hotel reservation, just drive up and they will let you through.
Agreed that Portofino is stunning – but both Genoa and Portofino are quite a bit out of the way for the OP who's travelling from MPX to Laigueglia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.