Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Fumicino to La Rustica UIR station: options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I need to get from Fumicino airport to the La Rustica UIR station.

1. How much am I look at if I get a taxi from the airport going there?

2. How much should it cost if I'm going from the airport to Termini by train & then taking a taxi to La Rustica?

Cheers
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Why instead don't catch a train to Tiburtina and then connect onto another train to La Rustica?

A search on Trenitalia says EUR 8 for h1:30 time.

A taxi can take same time (if not more) and set back >EUR 100.

https://www.lefrecce.it/B2CWeb/searc...archOutputPg=y
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:47 am
Original Poster

OK, tnx for that. I'll check the train option.

any tips on using the train from FCO airport?

Cheers
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:33 am

It is a single line train, quite easy. At the counter ask for a ticket to La Rustica via Tiburtina, a regional train, which by the way costs less than a single ride direct to Termini main station.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by mzzxx11
OK, tnx for that. I'll check the train option.

any tips on using the train from FCO airport?

Cheers
The train from FCO is a standard Italian commuter train. Just make sure you get onto the "cheap" train, which goes to the Tiburtina station and not the one to Termini. Also, don't forget to stamp your ticket in one of the stampers at the "entrance" of the area where the trains stop. You risk a high fine if you don't and have the bad luck of being asked for your ticket by a conductor. If you buy your ticket through the Internet (8 Euro, Trenitalia site provided by Forrest Bump t posts earlier) you can print it yourself and you don't have to stamp it before boarding the train.

You'll have to change trains at Tiburtina (10th station from FCO), which will, most probably, involve changing platforms. You'll have the choice of doing this through the tunnel or the bridge; count 3-5 minutes for this depending on the crowds.

If you buy your ticket at the FS counter at FCO station you could ask the agent for the platform your connection will leave from. If you buy it at one of the "other" places (same price) they will most certainly not know.

Sounds complicated but it is not. In case you don't speak Italian don't worry, you won't have to say a single word other than when you buy the ticket (but they do speak English at the airport).

Last edited by KLouis; Apr 7, 2015 at 2:57 am
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks KLouis. I'll give it a go, hopefully without going lost somewhere in Rome
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:36 am

If you buy your ticket through the Internet (8 Euro, Trenitalia site provided by Forrest Bump t posts earlier) you can print it yourself and you don't have to stamp it before boarding the train.
Double-check on this. At least recently you couldn't buy tickets for Regionali online unless you were registered, and it required a mailing address in Italy. Also tickets for Regionali printed from the site (or kept on a smartphone or tablet) needed to be used within a 4-hour window, so you'd lose it in case of a long flight delay. I see word of an exception for trains for trains to/from FCO, but I don't see what the exception is, and whether it would work for the connecting train.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by rove312
Double-check on this. At least recently you couldn't buy tickets for Regionali online unless you were registered, and it required a mailing address in Italy. Also tickets for Regionali printed from the site (or kept on a smartphone or tablet) needed to be used within a 4-hour window, so you'd lose it in case of a long flight delay. I see word of an exception for trains for trains to/from FCO, but I don't see what the exception is, and whether it would work for the connecting train.
If you can't buy on-line, no big deal: you bye it at the counter and just stamp it!

As for the regionali, true, you have 4 hours from the "original" departure time within which you have to initiate your trip with another train.

Last edited by KLouis; Apr 9, 2015 at 7:58 am
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:47 pm

Smile Rome Airport transportation

me too, i'll arrive at Roma on April 20th 2015 and i have already reserved my transfer with Airport Shuttle Italy. Does anyone have never use their services?
Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Marco Felice
me too, i'll arrive at Roma on April 20th 2015 and i have already reserved my transfer with Airport Shuttle Italy. Does anyone have never use their services?
Thanks
Are you going to La Rustica station also or Rome city center?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.