Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have experiece with the local guides of Travelmoodz.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:06 am
Original Poster

We want to make a trip through Italy and TravelMoodz (Florence, Rome)offers many local guides in different places, whom you can directly contact and they offer nice tours and excursions. Does anyone have experience with www.TravelMoodz.com?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
I wouldn't. I clicked on their website, and their motto is, "because local guides know better." But the website is written I think in Dutch, not in Italian, which contradicts their own motto. They then provide a sort of map of the world and indicate the countries where they have a local under contract to take you around. For example, for Antarctica they list one person whom you can email to arrange a tour. For China they list that they have 10 professionals (really, for a county that size). For Iceland they list that they have one professional on call to give you a tour. They say they have one tour guide also in Hungary. These are huge countries, and it seems as if they just have some random local persons on call for the whole country that they manage from some website that is not located in Italy but in Holland. They have one person for the country of Jordan, and for Japan they list that they have "3 professionals."

I would not bet my vacation on a company that appears to just be a website managed by someone, somewhere. If something goes wrong and you want your money back or have a problem with the guide, good luck calling the Netherlands from Italy and trying to get help with that. There are a lot of great guide companies and individuals located in Florence and in Rome, why choose a website in Holland? Choose a place that at least has a physical office in the city you are going to so that if you have a problem you can at least go there. Even the people they list as being guides for Florence, in many cases don't even live there, their contact code indicates that one of the Florence guides lives in Torino, another in Siena. Too many red flags for me.

Last edited by Perche; Mar 22, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.