Wiki Posts
Search

Visit to Frascati

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Visit to Frascati

Will be in Rome next week and am considering a short visit to Frascati.
Does that sound like a good idea?

I am assuming that I will have a bit of a nice view on the train ride and that the town itself is a pleasant small town. A stroll through town and a bit of lunch/ wine is what I have in mind.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Definitely.
Nice stroll, do visit Villa Aldobrandini, then enjoy a yummy panino con la porchetta with the local red wine.
Classic beautiful day trip from the capital.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Definitely.
Nice stroll, do visit Villa Aldobrandini, then enjoy a yummy panino con la porchetta with the local red wine.
Thank you very much for your reply and for the link.
Will certainly visit the villa.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Definitely.
I will agree 100% with you as far as the porchetta is concerned (very, very yummy!!!) but I'll disagree with the idea of a local red wine: the white Frascati is what goes well with the porchetta, and this is true, basically, allover the coli.

By the way, no particularly nice view from the train, but once up there, on a clear day you have the best view on Rome. Try to spot "tall" buildings (e.g. San Pietro -easy, S. Andrea della Valle, the cake/typewriter, etc.)
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
I will agree 100% with you as far as the porchetta is concerned (very, very yummy!!!) but I'll disagree with the idea of a local red wine: the white Frascati is what goes well with the porchetta, and this is true, basically, allover the coli.

By the way, no particularly nice view from the train, but once up there, on a clear day you have the best view on Rome. Try to spot "tall" buildings (e.g. San Pietro -easy, S. Andrea della Valle, the cake/typewriter, etc.)
Thank you for your reply.
I was going to have white wine anyway as I don't drink red wine.
And I am sorry to say that I won't be having the panino porchetta but I am sure that I'll find something else to eat that's 'yummy'.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
You're absolutely right, my bad. I meant white but somehow typed red.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Reporting back : I had a very nice trip to Frascati. Very easy and fast trip on the train, lovely sunny day with great views towards Rome.
Many restaurants seemed to be closed for the season.
I found an open restaurant which I am happy to recommend :
Osteria Al Grappolo d'Oro
I think the Frascati white wine that they served was their own and I found it to be fantastic.

Last edited by helosc; Feb 14, 2015 at 9:04 am Reason: correction : summer to season
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by helosc
Reporting back : I had a very nice trip to Frascati. Very easy and fast trip on the train, lovely sunny day with great views towards Rome.
Many restaurants seemed to be closed for the summer.
I found an open restaurant which I am happy to recommend :
Osteria Al Grappolo d'Oro
I think the Frascati white wine that they served was their own and I found it to be fantastic.
Either you are 4 months ahead of the rest of us or you are 5 months behind us! At any rate, glad you had a nice time!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Either you are 4 months ahead of the rest of us or you are 5 months behind us! At any rate, glad you had a nice time!
Have corrected summer to season.
Maybe the effect of the wine hasn't worn off yet.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.