Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MXP to city center

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

MXP to city center

I'll be flying into MXP and staying at the Park Hyatt Milan. So far I've seen private cars and taxis for 100-130 euro, and I've been told uber is 60 euro. I'm trying to look up train information but most of what I see is in Italian and google translate extensions aren't helping me out much

Can anyone help me get from MXP to the Park Hyatt for cheap?

TIA
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
The airport train is the Malpensa Express. It will be much faster than a car.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdemaria
The airport train is the Malpensa Express. It will be much faster than a car.
Thanks for that, I've found 2 r/t tickets for 36 euro, much better than what I was going to pay...

should I buy this online now or will the prices be the same if I buy it at the airport/train station?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I think you can buy it at the train station but the machines will want Euros or perhaps a chip and pin card. There is also a ten Euro bus to stazione centrale that gets you most of the way to the Park Hyatt; buses leave every 15 minutes or so and you can just hop on the next one (cash only, I think).

Plus, for the record, I think the taxi is a fixed fare of 85 Euros to anywhere in Milan, a bit less than you noted above.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by ckendall
I think you can buy it at the train station but the machines will want Euros or perhaps a chip and pin card. There is also a ten Euro bus to stazione centrale that gets you most of the way to the Park Hyatt; buses leave every 15 minutes or so and you can just hop on the next one (cash only, I think).

Plus, for the record, I think the taxi is a fixed fare of 85 Euros to anywhere in Milan, a bit less than you noted above.
The train to Stazione Cadorna is the better choice because from there it is a little bit nearer by foot than from Stazione Centrale to the Park Hyatt.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
The train to Stazione Cadorna is the better choice because from there it is a little bit nearer by foot than from Stazione Centrale to the Park Hyatt.
… and has more frequent train services to MXP – (2 per hour) … and is a much, much smaller station, so much easier to find your way around.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Agreed, the train is preferable.

Just as an FYI for the OP: you can also find info on the bus in English

Roundtrip for two people will be 32 EU.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

MXP to city center

Thank you everyone! I did end up buying 2 rt to centrale for 32 euro, this was before I saw the comments about the other station. I looked it up and the walk isn't terribly bad since we're doing carry on only. You guys have been very nice and informative

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.