Wiki Posts
Search

Legitimate Luxury Villa Rentals Italy?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL: GM, HH: Gold
Legitimate Luxury Villa Rentals Italy?

I really apologize as I know this might not be the appropriate forum to be posting this question, but I am in need of help.

My wife and three other couples are looking at booking a villa in Mykonos, Greece this summer. I came across a listing on tripadvisor and have been communicating through the website. She has since sent me an invoice with bank transfer or PayPal instructions. She has a website and over 100 listings on tripadvisor and I have also found her on FB, Linkedin, and Twitter. But, I have not found a single review for her, her business partner, or her company online. Her company is called Luxury Villa Rentals Italy and can be found at this website, http://www.luxuryvillarentalsitaly.com/. I just find it odd that with over a hundred properties, that I can't find one review on any of them or about her on the internet. Her name is Jessica Sartoretti.

I'm just wondering if anyone on this forum has heard of this company or worked with them directly. I have read of several people being scammed with villa rentals that don't exist, and I'm trying to do my best to avoid that happening.

Also, again, I apologize for posting this in a random forum here on FT, but I am at a loss for what to do.

Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Offer a prepaid deposit equal to <25%. If she accepts, she's probably legit.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I did a who is search for the domain name

and found Anna Stoylowitz
but same problem - no actual reviews. and it seems the offices are in UAE?

I probably wouldn't risk it.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: all
why not use airbnb...

that way you are protected better....they have lot of luxury rentals
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Since this question is specifically about Italy, I'll move it to the Italy destination forum where the experts therein can provide further input.

Please note this thread originated in the flame-free Information Desk forum.

jackal
Moderator, Information Desk
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL MM, AS Gold, Marriott Plat, SPG, ICH
one suggestion (if this is still an issue): google the name of the actual property you were looking at, and see if it is represented by any other agencies that have a better presence online.

Good luck
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:34 am

Last year I booked my holidays with Luxury Villa Rentals Italy and honestly I didn't have any problem. They answered me very fast and found perfect solution. Everything went well. They are very efficient and professional.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:54 am

Do you have a website/link for Luxury Villa Rentals Italy?
Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by squeakr
and found Anna Stoylowitz
but same problem - no actual reviews. and it seems the offices are in UAE?

I probably wouldn't risk it.
Interesting, I also did a domain name search and see that the offices are now listed in Italy at the address of one of the listings. I couldn't find any reviews either. I would definitely avoid, something rings false about this whole operation.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:22 am

what have you done in the end?

i have the same doubt, i would like to reserve a villa for 3 nights..
she is very fine.. but no reviews?! it s something very strange...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:17 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Ask the owner for people you can talk to who have stayed in the villa. I've rented several villas and know well the feeling of wiring money and wondering if all there will be is a patch of land. Fortunately, with the case of a castle I rented in Umbria there was someone about 15 minutes away from me who had rented it a couple of years prior. She was happy to meet for lunch and share her photos and tips. I've also been contacted by other potential renters of places I've rented to get my thoughts. Good luck!

Edited to add: TripAdvisor apparently offers some measure of assurance. Check their terms. This company has been listing rentals on their site since 2011. I would think they would have been booted off if they were running a scam. I also read they take credit cards. That would give you far more protection than a bank transfer.

Last edited by l etoile; Apr 11, 2014 at 8:32 am
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:41 am

Villas in Italy

This website has some pretty good deals for villas in Italy: http://www.vintagetravel.co.uk/villas-in-italy - there are some great looking villas in Tuscany and Lazio in particular
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Leonardo Maffi
what have you done in the end?

i have the same doubt, i would like to reserve a villa for 3 nights..
she is very fine.. but no reviews?! it s something very strange...
Sorry for the delayed response, but I did end up booking with them. I ended up getting a reference from her, that lucky enough, ended up working for the same company I work for in the US, so I trusted him. I also emailed a few of the property owners that she works for, and they vouched for her legitimacy. I'm hoping it all works out, but I guess I won't officially know until after July 13th when we arrive.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by npjohnson2
Sorry for the delayed response, but I did end up booking with them. I ended up getting a reference from her, that lucky enough, ended up working for the same company I work for in the US, so I trusted him. I also emailed a few of the property owners that she works for, and they vouched for her legitimacy. I'm hoping it all works out, but I guess I won't officially know until after July 13th when we arrive.
Update: Everything worked out just as Jessica had described. I would highly recommend working with her in the future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.